*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1311548-MondayMun-day
Rated: 13+ · Article · Personal · #1311548
The doldrums sneak up behind you when you least expect them.
I think the doldrums have set in. You know what I mean don't you? The doldrums sneak up behind you when you're least expecting them. Then slowly, silently they drag you down. You finally figure out too late why your muscles are all aching...first your shoulders, then your lower back, your legs, now today my feet actually feel them too!

Then all of a sudden my whole body feels so damn heavy.

They don't just stop there tho....the doldrums make you sleepy. Soon a nap is in the order of the day. My nap today lasted for two hours. I awoke over an hour ago from deep daytime slumber, and already my eyes are feeling heavy again.

Yesterday my nap extended into three hours. I should have known then that the doldrums were back. But, they can be sneaky like that, coming around when they're not invited. Taking over your every motor movement until you give up fighting them off, and finally find yourself lying horizontal amongst them. Slipping slowly away from everything existing around you.

Then when you finally do awaken from the heavily laden fog you were in...you can't rise out of bed. The bed has turned into this huge magnet! You can't lift yourself off the mattress because it's sucking you down like some big suction cup on a giant vacuum!

When you have the strength to eventually roll to the side of the bed and rise up on one elbow, stating out loud- " I'm going to get up now", that is when it hits you again.

Wham! Them damn doldrums drag you back down on the bed again. How much longer can you just lie there staring at the ceiling? You muster up what little energy is left in your whole body after "the magnet" sucked it all out, and place your feet upon the bedroom floor. Next you're aimlessly wandering into the bathroom, where you sit and stare blankly across from the toilet at the bathtub. Then you realize you haven't even showered yet today.

How lazy is that anyways? What a mundane way to spend the day.

I'll sure be glad when these doldrums leave. I can't take much more of these soul sapping suckers messing up my Mondays.

My solution: Succumb 'till I can't stand it any longer!



© Copyright 2007 ShiShad (shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1311548-MondayMun-day