*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1312112-We-live-We-love-We-hurt
Rated: E · Column · Relationship · #1312112
In the end everyone will hurt you, it is up to you to decide who is worth the pain..
I have said something very wise today. Not that i think it is something really wise but my best friend  thinks it is. And since he wanted me to post it here i will do it so that we all could again think why it happens that we love some people even when they hurt us over and over again...
Life is a weird thing, we have few relationships that are important to us and we fail to maintain them the way we would like - without PAIN, without TEARS, without DISAPPOINTMENTS. But we do continue them because in the end they are all (I repeat ALL) what we have got. People are going to hurt you every now and then, you are going to hurt them every now and then. In the end everyone is getting hurt or hurts you, you are the one who decide who is worth this pain. That is impossible to avoid it. We are not angels, rather devils in relationships with dear to us people...

From today's chat:

me: I don't like being hurt neither by you nor by someone else, and I hate the moments when someone has to say sorry .... but in any kind of relationships you can't do without it, you do hurt people, you make up for this, you try to be perfect for the ones you like/love, it doesnt work always but if we give up on someone we truly like and love, then what life it would be?? Giving up after the first mistake is not a good thing, you know :)

How often we give up only because we think that people who loves us can't hurt us - they can - and in fact they will hurt us more than anyone else. Just because they are close to us, EXACTLY because of it!! But then what?? Give up on them? Say they are not worth us? That's definitely the easiest way, but again .. if I would give up on everyone who hurt me I would have stayed alone with no people around. Well when i think now, may be with the one only (yes, yes, am lucky to have such one in my life ...
In my life i used to give people second chances, third chances.... twentieth chances... Sometimes i was proved wrong, one time i made a big mistake in giving someone absolutely unworthy this second chance but mostly it paid off. Friendship is all about hurting, being hurt, forgiving, forgetting, being hurt again, crying, laughing about these stupid matters, forgetting, hurting... And so on. It's a circle, has no end... Pure second chances... But from every wound there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says, Friendship survived. Which means it all was worth it.
And then you also know that despite everything when the moment comes they will be there to help you when you are down, and if they can't, they will lay down beside you and listen...
© Copyright 2007 a nice girl (toplena at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1312112-We-live-We-love-We-hurt