*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1314427-my-b-day-February--25th
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1314427
entry fro writer's cramp 9/3
“The darkness is closing in on you, suffocating, you don’t know where you are, you don’t know were your going……only the soft hum of a car you know nothing about lets you know your moving at all, or that your even alive.”
“I wish I was dead so I wouldn’t have to listen to your voice!”
“You proclaim into the nothingness lost in your own illusions that there’s someone there.”
“Mom! Billy won’t stop narrating my life!”
“Billy, leave your sister alone, it’s her birthday.” She probably also added a look through the rear view mirror causing him to turn towards his window to pout, at least that’s what I think happened, considering that I was blindfolded at the time I could be wrong. As annoying as my brother was, his narrating skills were pretty good, he’ll defiantly make a good voice over guy some day.
“so…… where-“
“stop asking, you’ll see when we get there.” I had been asking my mom where we were going for the last hour and a half. It was my birthday and my mom and brother had blindfolded me and gotten me into the car. Unfortunately, when mom wasn’t looking, Billy also tied my hands and shoved a sock into my mouth, thankfully the sock was clean and mom told him to pull it out and untie me after five minutes of me make muffled yells. After that the car ride had been fairly boring; my brother kept poking me then when I told him to stop he said I couldn’t prove it was him because I didn’t see, then I would yell at him that he was the only one here, then he’d yell at me, then our mom would yell at us to stop it, a few minutes would pass then he’d poke me again. That was what happened for an hour and a half, just a typical car ride. The fact that I didn’t know where we were going was killing me though.
“Come on, just a hint”
“No”
“Please”
“No”
“Pretty please with a cherry on top”
“Fine”
“yayz”
“207”
“207?”
“207”
“What type of hint is 207?!”
“You’ll see when we get there”
“Arggg”
I spent the next half hour pondering what 207 could possibly mean and dealing with Billy poking me some more. Then my mom and brother spent the next ten minutes arguing. First it was if we had missed the turn or not, then it was where was the best place to park, then which direction we had to walk to get there. Finally, the car stopped and the engine was cut. I didn’t trust my brother to lead me to someplace unknown so my mom took me by the elbow and the three of us walked a few blocks. When we stopped again, Billy did a drum-roll on his thighs as mom untied my blindfold. I couldn’t believe it! We were in New York City, just out side of the Richard Rodgers Theater and up in lights was “Fool Moon” staring Bill Irwin and David Shiner joined by The Red Clay Ramblers. Today on my birthday of February 25th 1993, “Fool Moon” opened at the theater right in front of me for 207 performances. Later I figured out that the hint of ‘207’ did make sense and I mentally hit myself then for not figuring it out sooner but right then I didn’t care because I was at the Broadway production that I had been asking to go to for weeks!!
I probably said “thank you mom! I love you!” a few hundred times while we were finding our seats and in the few minutes before the show began. It was a full house all 1,319 seats were filled and the show sure deserved the attention, with out words Irwin and Shiner lets us know who and what they are, how they’re feeling, and they even chose people in the audience come up on stage, I didn’t get picked but I was too busy trying to breath while laughing to care, it felt like my side was about to split open. The show was well worth the torturous car ride, to make this the best birthday ever.

702 words (ha-ha it’s the number of shows reversed)

Info. About “Fool Moon” provided by http://www.curtainup.com/foolmoon.html
Info. About RR theater provided by http://richardrodgerstheatre.com/
© Copyright 2007 hexylia (hexylia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1314427-my-b-day-February--25th