*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315549-What-am-I-gonna-do-today
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Elanor
Rated: E · Short Story · Biographical · #1315549
Basically about what I am going to do on this 6th day of September, in the year 2007.
Do you ever notice how time flies, PERIOD??? I guess I should say time flies after you turn 30, and I know that there are some of you out there that will huff and puff up about "no, wrong!!! Time flies after age blah blah blah.........."
Aw kiss my grits, time flies, period. I have joined a writing "club" because I do like to write, though I must admit that i don't really know how to write a "superb piece". I don't care. I'm gonna be the one reading you (mr. item) if no one else is..........
Anyway, back to the point of my FIRST ever "item".
Today, I have a wonderful cold.
Today, I have NO job.
Today, I am going to have to call my former boss and see if she's not bitter enough at me to give me my last check, seeing as how "unprofessional' my co-workers can be, I SHALL not be surprised if she makes me wait 2 more weeks before she decides to give me what i worked for.
Today, I am at the college computer lab, WASTING precious time, when i should be handing out my resume, because jobs are snatched up!! Just like that!!
Today, I am going to go home and see if my gas is turned off. If so, OH well, it's hotter than heck, anyways.
And I have an electric skillet.
I don't feel like saying today anymore. So i won't, for now.
I am new to writing and my best friend, Jorgy Porgy just called to ask "WHY DID YOU QUIT YOUR JOB???????????????"
I said, "can you call me back in 10 minutes, because you kinda have to be quiet in the computer lab......"
He said, "Aaiigghhtt!!"
So to sum up my story, TODAY, I am going to have to FACE life and do it with courage because, God gave this life to me and I'm not going to disappoint God by giving up when the chips are down, just because..................................................
© Copyright 2007 Elanor (elanor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315549-What-am-I-gonna-do-today