*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315807-Unfinished-Story
by Hope
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1315807
Do minds and hearts meet by accident?
Do people meet by accident or do they just meet to implement an already set scheme? A question to which some people might have a definite answer. Some others might start to think about it revising the different relationships they have with different people in their life, imagining what would or would not have happened, what would or would not have changed if they have not met them. Still I know the hearts of some others are tenderly touched by this simple, yet confusing question.

Before you get bored let me tell you a story; a story whose heroine does not know what its last paragraph would tell.

Episode 1

She is sitting at her disk…bored, with nothing in mind. It is one of those moments when even things you enjoy doing are not attractive enough and everyday habits can only participate in adding some more drops of boredom.

She picks a book thinking it might help. She loves to read. Her heart melts with beautiful poetry, her mind rebels with philosophy and her soul rests with the words of the Lord. It did not help. At this stubborn moment neither the touch of the book's pages, nor the fragrance of the writer's ideas were able to force a ray of light into this dark room of boredom.

She holds her pen trying to talk to the pages of her notebook; that small, red notebook which goes wherever she goes no matter what the color of her bag is. It is always there. Ironically she has always been trying to keep a diary and she has always failed. She believes that keeping a diary requires a certain level of "courage". Yes. Leaving her thoughts and feelings inscribed on papers was away beyond her ability.

She calls her husband. He is very busy but he is too gentle to let her feel that she is interrupting him. She knows it anyway but she is always happy to hear his voice. She loves him and he enjoys loving her. Their short call ends and she rests her head against the back of the chair. Memories invite themselves to her head. She shakes her head. This, though an idle moment, is no good time for memories.


Episode 2

Lazily her fingers reach the keys of her PC and carelessly she joins a randomly chosen chat room. She does not chat. She usually joins a  room, keeps watching people talk for a couple of minutes, with the hope of learning something new, reading something beautiful or perhaps engaging in a decent conversation. It is almost always the same stuff.  Her chatting experience ends with leaving the room without even touching the key board. It is not that she denies people's right to talk even if they do not say much sometimes and it is not that she thinks people have to be serious all the time because they can't and it is not even that there is nothing to grasp her attention because there is; there always is.  In fact it is this…… "timidity"; timidity to involve in a conversation with "strangers", timidity to use a different "tongue"…It is just timidity followed by a long list of reasons that she has not stopped long to analyze their justification and rationality or even irrationality.


  The usual scene starts with her watching people talk. Because she is not a chat fan, she is not familiar with quite a number of expressions people keep using in their moving lines on her monitor. Would she ask for explanations? But what would people think? One thing she hates about her way of thinking is this silly question "what would people think?" It is a repeated moment of hesitation to do something because of what people would think; a preoccupation that holds her back many times. "For every precious thing's sake on earth, why do you care too much about what people would think?" That was her "wild" voice inside. It is a loud, bold and initiative voice that never hesitates to scream in her ears telling her to "do it", and luckily she sometimes listens.

To be continued......... 

© Copyright 2007 Hope (hope77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1315807-Unfinished-Story