*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1317853-Draco-Malfoy-love-storypart5
by Skater
Rated: E · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1317853
This isn't my fav part, I could have descibed it better.
*YOUR POV*

You, Josie and Tiff start to get close to Hagrids hut. The three of you are gathered in your own group, even though Tiff and Josie act like they would much rather be in the middle of a group with all the cute guys. Or rather a bunch of guys who just thought they were cute. As you reach Hagrids hut you look and see the rest of the students arriving. The Gryffendors and Slytherins look at each other as though the other house was a walking diseases. They avoid each other like the plague, afraid to walk to close or something. You were just thinking that now would have to be the time that you started to "seduce Malfoy" You didn't know how you were going to pull this one off, because every time you got so much as a foot within Malfoy, all you wanted to do was hurt him. But you reasoned with yourself, that to get the perfect revenge that you would just have to suck it up and try your hardest not to blow a gasket when around him.

All of you form a group around the front of the hut. Professor Hagrid isn't there yet. He was probably getting our first lesson ready or was in the forbidden forest working on something. You hoped that he had something really interesting for your first lesson. Something with fangs and/or something potentially deadly. Not that Professor Hagrid would let anything happen to any of you, but you always thought that the more dangerous the creature, the more exiting it was. Most people didn't share your point of view on that subject, except Professor Hagrid. You liked him for that, but not just that, you liked him because even though he looked like he would want to and could tear you apart, he was really like a great big teddy bear. But despite that fact, most people were still afraid of him. And treated him with disrespect and contempt. Except most of the Gryffendors. Expecially Harry, Ron and Hermione. They were Hagrids favorites because they have been best friends with him since the first day they came to Hogwarts. That was OK with you though. You didn't want to be anyone's favorite, you just wanted class to be interesting and not boring like History of Magic. You look around to see where Malfoy was and got a little shock because he was right next to you and you hadn't even noticed.
Right at that moment Professor Hagrid stepped out from somewhere behind his cabin. He came out cheerfully greeting everyone.

"Hullo class." He said. "I wanted to start this year off by showing you all somethin' exiting!"

The whole class glanced at each other with a semi worried look on their faces. They all knew that "Exiting" in Hagrids terms really meant terrifying and harmful. But you weren't like everyone else. You were actually exited about this news. This meant that it would be a really, really wicked lesson. Oh you were going to have so much fun and you didn't even know what you were going to be doing in this lesson.

"Alrigh', if yeh would all follow me. This way please."

He leads all of you to the back of his cabin. As you get directly behind the cabin, you see a little fenced in area with what looks like a makeshift sheltered area on one side of it.

"This is goin' to be yeh're first lesson and yeh're gonna be doing this assignment fer the remainder o' the year. We'll also be learnin' other things o' course, but yeh'll be taking care o' these creatures the whole year long."

"What exactly are these Creatures, your talking about?" It was Malfoy who said this.

"Well I'll show yeh, if yeh give me a minute." Said Hagrid. He went over to the side of the fence with the shelter on in. Gently he tapped on the side of the shelter and started to woo whatever was in there, out. Slowly something started to poke its head out of the hole that was the door to the shelter. Everyone was staring, mesmerised. As the first creature came out, a seconded one started to poke out too. Soon the whole side of the fence that wasn't sheltered was full of the creatures. Everyone was just staring and couldn't stop. The creatures they were all staring at, look exactly like a full grown iguana. Except that these iguana's were electric blue. And when one of them seemed to stretch a wave of what looked like bright green lightning ran through it's body. They started to move amongst themselves. Flicking their tounges out, smelling the air.

"These are the creatures yeh're all gonna be takin' care o' fer the rest o' the year" Said Hagrid, with a dreamy look on his face. You knew that Hagrid would have loved to take care of such creatures as these, when he was going to Howarts. Although you didn't know why. As far as you could see the only thing strange about the iguana's, was that they were blue and had some sort of green electricity in their bodies. Nothing to fascinating about them. You almost felt a little disappointed, but then again, they must be very difficult to take care of because there was always something in his classes that were exiting.

"What are they?!" Asked someone.

"Exactly the question that I was going to ask." Said another person. Hagrid opened his mouth to speak, when.....

"Ugh!!! They look like those ugly lizards muggles have for pets. My father told me about how someone gave a potion to one of these and sold it to a muggle. And when the muggle brought it home the thing started to spit fire and chased the muggles all the way down the street. Caused Fudge a bit of trouble, my father even had to attend the court session when they caught the culprit, because Fudge personally asked him to be a counsel in that case." Malfoy just loved boasting about how his father was such good friends with the Minister of Magic.

"Uh...Malfoy..." You wanted to say something nasty about his father being a kiss-ass, but remembered that you couldn't, so you took a different direction.

"Malfoy, those aren't the same lizards muggles have for pets." You say in a sweet voice. You had to remember that you were trying to woo him. "Those look pretty much exactly like the ones muggles have. But the ones muggles have aren't blue nor do they have electricity in them. So Professor Hagrid, what exactly are these and why exactly are they electric and blue?"

"Well tha's a good question actually. They're called Seachers. These ones are only baby's, but when their full grown they get to be about six feet long and stand about two and a half feet high. Now I don't know why their blue, but I think the reason these creatures seem to be electric is 'cause o' their venom." You feel a jolt of excitement. You knew there was something good coming. You knew the things Hagrid took care of and if he said something has venom he didn't just mean that it was any ordinary kind of venom. (At least you hoped not, because' that would be boring).

"Yeh see, tha's what yeh gotta be careful o'. Cause their not harmful unless they feel threatened."

"And what exactly happens when they feel threatened?" Asked Malfoy.

"Well, they kind o' spit they're venom and it's this clear stuff, on any part o' yeh tha' they can reach." Ahh, to the good part. "And when tha' clear stuff touches yeh're skin it shrinks." What! That's it! That couldn't be the exciting part. You were hoping for a little more. Shrinking spit couldn't be that bad or that exciting.

"They spit?! Yuck! And I thought they were gross enough looking, as it was!" That was Malfoy of course. "Although I do have to say, if that's all they do then I'm kind of relieved. Compared to your usual vicious beasts, that could tear anyone of our heads off at any moment, that you for some reason usually think are suitable for teenagers, who aren't professionals, to take care of. These creatures seem pretty tamed." Although you wanted to smack him across the head for criticizing Hagrid. You did agree with him about these creature seeming to be tamed compared to the other ones. But you weren't by any means relieved by this fact, like Malfoy was.

"Well actually Malfoy." Hagrid was the only teacher that didn't call students "Mr." or "Miss". "Tha's not all. Yeh see they're venom is really powerful, so when their venom shrinks, it crushin' any and all the the things it's attached too. If yeh get they're venom on yeh're self, it will shrink till all the bones are crushed. Which is why we have this." He said, holding up a bucket. "Now this is full o' Doxy eggs. See Doxy's are very poisonous and so are their eggs. Doxy egg yolk is the only thing that can melt the venom so it won't crush anyone's bones." Now this is what you called a class! You could tell that you were the only one that felt this way, however. Most of the class looked like they thought it was dooms day or something, including Malfoy. You just smile to yourself.

"OK class, we're gonna be taken care o' them today to get a feel fer what they eat and how they act towards yeh. But there's one problem. There's only about enough for half the class, so I'll have to put yeh all in pairs." Some of the class seemed excited about this while the other half moan their disapproval. "OK, lets see. Ron and Hermione, Harry and...Neville. Lavender and Parvati, Uhhh, Pansy and...Crabbe, Goyle and...Derik." Hagrid seemed very careful not to put a Slytherin with a Gryffindor. "Uhhh. Dean and Seamus, Tiffany and...Josie. Ummm...Malfoy and Glory." WHAT!!! your jaw dropped. No, no, no, no, no. This could not be happening. You were already having a hard enough time dealing with him as it was. But to have to actually do an assignment with him and share credit with him and just plain have to share more time with him during class than you already did! It was insane. How were you going to survive something like this. *Well* you thought. *At least this will give me more time to "seduce" him* As you liked to call it.

"OK, lets get inter pairs now."

You all do as your told. You note that Malfoy doesn't seem to happy about the pairing either. Since he was already close to you, you didn't have to move anywhere like the rest of the class.

"OK, good. Now I'm gonna take them out one at a time and put them on a leash. Then I'll hand the least over ter each pair and yeh can try and feed them tha' stuff tha's over there,(He pointed to a few crates over in the corner closer to his hut) and I want yeh ter walk them o' bit too." Like he said, he started putting leashes on the Seachers. As soon as he was done with that, he started handing the leashes to the students. When he got to you, he tried giving the leash to Malfoy, but he wouldn't take it.

"Do you really expect me to take that thing for a walk?" Asked Malfoy, with a dirty look at Hagrid.

You grab the leash instead. "Why yes I think he does Malfoy," You say with a sneer that should have made him proud.

"Watch it Hendon. Remember your promise now," Said Malfoy, laughing with mirth.
You just roll your eyes and walk away. You go over to the crates by Hagrid's hut and look to see what was inside of them. What looked like a veriety of different animal organs, was in the crates. Malfoy came up behind you. You hear a distinced "Yuck!" And smile to yourself. *Yep* You thought. *There deffinatly wasn't anyway you could like someone who was such a baby about things like this. "Well Malfoy," You say. "Would you like to feed it before we take it for a walk?".

"No, you feed it and take care of it," Was his reply. "I don't care what the big baffoon thinks. Theres no way in bloody hell that I'm sticking my hand into a pile of guts to try and feed something that is going to crush my bones if I get to close. And I'm deffinatly not babysitting something that he thinks is cute and cuddly, but is really scaley and disgusting!"

You laugh. "Fine if your going to be such a baby about it, I'll feed it, but your going to help me take care of it weither you like it or not. Theres no way I'm going to share credit with someone who didn't do anything to help." And with that you pushed up the sleeve of your robes and plunged your hand into one of the crates. It was slimy and gooshy and gross. You just giggle as you pull a handful of the stuff out. You really weren't afraid to get down and dirty like a lot of other people were. You sit down on the ground infront of it and start to try and coax it to eat. Holding onto the leash with one hand and waving the handful of guts invitingly with the other, the Seacher started flicking its tongue in the direction of the food, smelling it. It slowly came closer towards your out stretched hand. When it got up to you it seemed to almost give you a searching look. Then when it seemed to finally decide that you weren't harmful it started to eat from your hand, making you giggle because its tongue kept flicking your palm, tickling you.

"What are you giggling about, I don't see anything amusing about feeding a bone crushing lizard with a handful of guts, though you are rather weird like that aren't you?"

You just ignore the slight on you and keep giggling. You couldn't help it. "Ha ha, he he. It tickles so bad," You gasp out. "I can't help but laugh." Malfoy just gives you this strange look.

*DRACO'S POV* 

"I can't help but laugh," She says, smiling up at you from where she sat on the ground. You can't help but notice that she has a beautiful smile. *Knock it off!!!* You yell at yourself. *Its just a smile, you've seen much better ones before. No need to get all exited just because this girl that you hate, but just happends to be a little hott, smiles at you.*You mentally hit yourself. Theres no way in hell that your gonna shag her, she hates you, so stop thinking about it already*

You must have been looking at her funny, because she said "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I don't know what your talking about, looking at you like what?" You ask.

"Oh never mind." She got up from where she was sitting on the ground and dusted her robes off. "I think now that I'm done feeding it, You should take it for a walk," She said, holding out the leash to you.

"Hell no! I'm not touching that thing, YOU take it for a walk," You just stand there with your arms folded, not making a move to take the leash from her.

"First off, I'm the one who fed it and like I said I'm not doing all the work by myself just because you think your better than everyone else."

You open your mouth to say something to that, but she cut you off before you could say a word.

"Second, I think we should name it, what do you think, what do you want to name it?" She asked you, as if she didn't just cut you off. You were so taken aback by this question and the fact that she asked you for your opinion, that you just stared at her.

"I was thinking that we could name it something normal like Ben or something...."
You snap out of your shock and back to reality. "What! You can't name it something stupid like that!" You say, thinking about calling this ugly thing something so normal.

"Well what did you have in mind?" She asked sweetly.

"I don't know, just not something that I would call one of my friends, ( if I had any friends by that name)."

"Fine, lets think. What could we name it without it sounding too normal? I don't want it named something stupid like Spot or anything. What to name it? Hmmmm......"

A thought comes to you. "How about Dragon?" You ask her.

She gives you this strange look, then finally...."Yes! I think thats a perfect name for it." And she gives you another one of those dazzeling smiles of hers. "Shall we take Dragon for a walk then? Don't worry so much, he seems to like me and I'll be right next to you the whole time." She holds out the leash again, but this time you slowly take it from her.
© Copyright 2007 Skater (gravemistress at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1317853-Draco-Malfoy-love-storypart5