*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1318214-Sucking-the-Marrow-From-Life
by ray
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1318214
The old men you see sitting in their huddles
Sucking the Marrow out of life?

I was sitting just the other night worrying like an old man
About stupid things and generally, picking away as they do at the structure of things and sucking the marrow out of every situation.
I have watched as these old men’s gentle smiles turn into resentful

Grimaces and they huddle conspirator like, eying folk around them.
With aerie suspicion they regard the environment around them.
Most have a good reason to be so down with most having lost or being in the process of losing a wife, and are twisted and embittered by grief.

The misery of outliving a spouse or slowly losing one to whatever condition cruelly imposes, is etched firmly into their expressions.
They have formed this club of like minded lonely souls, who instead of embracing the time left, consume themselves with damaging negativity.

I resolved as I sat to try to see the good in things, as often they blossom in the background of every bad situation, and creep unnoticed into the foreground with time, patience and resolve, to push the darkness away.
I will not let the dark matter consume my thoughts, or corrupt the

Precious time I have with the ones I love, so dearly in life and in death.
I will enjoy the experience of living my life, a wonderful gift, and will contribute and add value to the lives of those around me.
I will transform the bad experiences I have into positive outcomes.
© Copyright 2007 ray (rayman7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1318214-Sucking-the-Marrow-From-Life