*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1319174-Despairing-Morning
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1319174
Self-introspect on past mistakes.
The sun was just rising, and the pine trees cast eerie shadows over the wooden deck where I sat. It was a beautiful morning and the surrounding forest was alive with the sound of birds, squirrels and other small creatures going about their morning business.

I sat curled up on in the thick-paded patio chair. I noticed none of the beauty surrounding me as I slowly inhaled the smoke from my menthol cigarette. Blowing the smoke out of my nose I wondered why I always ended up in these situations.

"Money is definitely the root of all evil."

I didn't realize for a minute that I had spoken the words aloud.

I took a sip from my diet coke.

"Yes, money is definitely the root of all evil."

Once again I had driven myself into dept. I couldn't pay my bills. I couldn't afford gas for my car. And this wasn't the first time. I had done this before, time and time again. Usually my parents bailed me out. The last time though, they said; "enough is enough".

"We can't help you anymore. You're going to have to learn to handle your money." My mother's words rang in my ears now as I sat wondering what to do next.

I thought about what I had done to end up in this situation yet again. It was really quite simple. When I wanted something I bought it. I wanted some new makeup, or to go to a concert, or to go on a weekend trip, I did it.

I took another sip of my diet coke and brushed my blonde bangs out of my eyes.

"There's no solution to my problem," I thought to myself. The phone inside began to ring. I uncurled myself from the patio chair, stabbed out my cigarette, and headed in the house to talk to the bill collector.
© Copyright 2007 aspiring author (anniebunch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1319174-Despairing-Morning