*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1319204-forgiveness-and-friendship
Rated: E · Article · Friendship · #1319204
life's simplest lesson, to forgive
As time goes on and we get older, our lives get busy with responsibilities and duties, we often forget simple little lessons we knew so well when we were younger. Simple lessons like; take time to smell the roses; not to judge by price, but beauty and fun; and to enjoy life. It was such a simple lesson that I seem to had forgotten. I forgot to forgive.
When I took a new position at a new building for the same company I had been working for, I met some great people. Two of them I became good friends with. We talked about everything. It was a wonderful time. They taught me a lot about myself and the world around me. They helped me to expand my thought process and view things in a manner that was more adult, rather than my playful childish ways.
As time went on, one of them got a girlfriend and started to spend more time with her, and ignore our conversations. As more time went on, fewer words were exchanged with that friend. My other friend and I kept talking, but for the first, not so much. Months pass, and now no words were spoken. I was so busy being hurt, that i forgot to forgive him for not splitting the time up better. I know what a new relationship is like; you want to spend all your time with that person.
It was not until recently that I even noticed that I was not forgiving. Recently I went on the lookout for a new job. As I scanned the paper for my ideal job, I came across his ideal job in the paper. Something in me made me want to share it with him. I approached him while he was working and told him about the position. It started small talk about job hunting and then life. It was then that I felt the anger and hurt release from me. I realize now that even if there is no "I'm sorry" one should just forgive. He didn't take the job, and I'm still looking, but at least there was a friendship and a life lesson remembered.
© Copyright 2007 Sarah Arnette (cherished at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1319204-forgiveness-and-friendship