*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1319415-Vote-for-my-story-and-win-prizes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Bulletin · Children's · #1319415
Vote for THE DOLL VIOLINIST at the ABC's Children's Book Competition and Win Prizes!
Vote for THE DOLL VIOLINIST and Win Prizes!

Mayra Calvani’s story, THE DOLL VIOLINIST, is a finalist at the ABC's Children's Picture Book Competition!

What makes this competition different is that while the finalists are chosen by judges, the winner is chosen by online public vote. In other words, YOU the reader, get to choose the winner—that lucky author & illustrator team who will walk away with a publishing contract!

The Doll Violinist is a heart-warming Christmas tale set in Victorian Europe and features illustrations by talented artist Amy Moreno (www.amycullingsmoreno.com).

To view the finalists in the competition and vote for Mayra’s story, please visit the competition website at http://www.ABCbookcompetition.org . The two week voting period starts September 16, 2007 and will continue through midnight September 30, 2007.          The winning author / illustrator team will be announced October 8, 2007.

People who vote for The Doll Violinist will be automatically entered in a drawing and prizes will be as follows:

1st Prize: An enchanting antique doll in Brussels lace
2nd Prize: $50 Amazon gift certificate
3rd Prize: Beautiful zirconium & sterling silver ring (size 8)
4th Prize: A print copy of  Mayra’s latest paranormal thriller, DARK LULLABY
5th Prize: A print copy of ANGEL IN A BUBBLE (children’s picture book)

All you need to do is vote for THE DOLL VIOLINIST, then send a message to mayra.calvani@gmail.com and write ‘You got my vote’ on the subject line. You must send a message in order to enter the drawing, so please don’t forget! The winners will be announced on Mayra’s Secret Bookcase (http://mayrassecretbookcase.blogspot.com) on October 1st, 2007.


But there’s more!

Illustrator Amy Moreno will be giving a grand prize as well: A customized pen and ink rendering of your house, created from photos provided by you! Final art will be created on 11” x 14” acid-free paper.

To see samples of Amy’s pen and ink renderings go to her website at www.amycullingsmoreno.com

If you want to be eligible to win this rendering, make sure you send a separate message to Amy (besides the one you send to Mayra and after you have voted for THE DOLL VIOLINIST), at dearlake@aol.com and write ‘You got my vote’ on the subject line. The winner will be announced on Amy’s blog, Cachibachis (http://cachibachis.blogspot.com) on October 1st, 2007.

Support Mayra and Amy and help them walk away with that publishing contract!

© Copyright 2007 Mayra Calvani (mcalvani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1319415-Vote-for-my-story-and-win-prizes