*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1320710-Fairy-God-Mothers-And-MMS
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1320710
When do you let the visions of sugar plums go and yes M.M'S do melt in your hands
A Day In The Life Of Super Mom, On Fairy God Mothers, Tooth fairy’s And Yes M&M’s Do Melt In Your Hand…..

I’m struggling here going out on yet another limb. Looking for a new soapbox to stand upon. The rights of children the rights of passage from a child to an ahhhh older child and then on to an adult. Hey I’m still working on that the latter that is I passed over to older child many moons ago and some days want to go back.

I miss the tooth fairy but then I’ve become her or him which ever you wish. I could be it. I know the tooth fairy must circle the globe to get to our house on time, which means I’ve been late. Yes I do have to run around the world in just trying to remember to get that dollar under the pillow of that sleeping child

How long do you do this? Well in my opinion it really depends on the child and their growth level. Not to mention when they come home around eight years of age telling you. That some kid Billy told them it was all lies!  Laughed at them for being a baby a sissy la la . It’s time for that sit down and tell them well yes there is but it might not be exactly what you imagined it to be or maybe look like. You see honey mama has great magic she can do anything and I have more than eight times been a tooth fairy. Slipped in your room via wings that I sprout and put a bit of money under your pillow. This here is the hard part as they look at you with a serious look are you Santa Claus too cause Billy says their isn’t no Santa either!

Well this here is the tricky part I mean one can’t take their imaginations so soon it could permanently disrupt the future growth of such a sweet young babe. Okay son mama walks in many dimensions. What’s a dimension ma? Well I’m getting to that. My mind starts spinning a yarn, darn that Billy the kid! If you were just a tad older I could get through this just fast as wet hen running. It’s nearing Christmas and if I could hold one more year and keep the sugarplums dancing in his sweet little unknown now maybe damaged imagination.

Well ya know ma that guy who comes over dressed as Santa Claus sure does look a lot like dad. Okay I’m totally busted here or am I? Is there a possibility all my hard work has been noticed?. Every Christmas I tell my kids, sorry ma could just not afford those shoes you so desired! And then poof out of some box comes those exact shoes from Santa of course. Have they known for long? I am sitting here looking at my kid asking me to tell him the truth and I am sprouting wings and walking in six dimensions.

Yes son you have it I have multiple personality’s aaaah no that’s too intense. Lets see here gosh it was fun last year running about looking for eggs, putting them in the same basket left by the Easter bunny. No ma I did not have that much fun remember I got sick eating to many boiled eggs?

Well the time has come thanks to Billy the kid! To explain what he already knows but wants to hear from me. Okay son I don’t sprout wings, I already have them. . Well let’s see he asks Ma give it up yes you are all those things the fairy who slips money under my head which by the way we need to talk about could you put a little more next time. I know your Santa and the Easter bunny too. You’ve done a great job ma but now I imagine things like being the best skate boarder ever maybe even going up to the moon. And ma when your done with this article can you please tell others that M&M”s do melt in your hand. Yes son I will if you promise to not ever let go of your imagination and your dreams.
Kelly Tagaban
© Copyright 2007 pendancer (barrioblues at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1320710-Fairy-God-Mothers-And-MMS