*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1321053-Entry-Tomorrows-Tears
by Weezie
Rated: E · Fiction · Family · #1321053
Entry for Colour the World Competition. Flash Fiction.
Tomorrow’s Tears

The child runs to her mother’s outstretched arms, tears falling from her large brown eyes down her chubby pink cheeks, the little graze on her knee barely visible. The mother, quickly picks her up, giving her all her attention, knowing that although it was a small scrape, this is a big catastrophe for the little child. It is not long before the child climbs off her mother’s lap and runs off to play with the other children, without a care in the world.

The mother laughs quietly to herself “if only all problems could be solved so easily”. She often wonders what life will bring for the little child, whose character radiates sunshine and happiness, whose every move is watched by her loving parents in awe, constantly amazed at the beauty and love that this child brings to their lives.

What will tomorrow bring for the little child, with the chubby legs and smiles that light up the world? Will her mother’s comforting help when she is confronted with the often little and sometimes large problems that she will encounter in girlhood, in adulthood, as a mother, as a grandmother? What will tomorrow’s tears bring?


197 words
© Copyright 2007 Weezie (weezie68 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1321053-Entry-Tomorrows-Tears