*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1322031-Have-the-right-life-line
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Religious · #1322031
Bi-Weekly Devotional
The LORD will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies.
Psa 41:2 

Where is your life line, what is your life line, who is your lifeline and how are you surviving?

These are questions that I would pray you would answer in Christ Jesus.

SO many times, we make everyone and every thing around us our life line, and in which case these people and things ultimately replace our risen Saviour.  A life line is simply a connector in which keeps you living as you are dependant on it or them to keep you breathing, help you to stay alive, and give you hope of making it.  Whatever it is - we can not live or make it without it.  Your lifeline is whatever you are dependant on to make it.

When we allow people to become our life line, we don?t feel like we can make it without them.  We feel like if they are not a part of our life, we won?t be able to survive and go on.  We become enslaved to their hand, whatever they want to do -we allow it, we bow to it, and we buckle at the thought of dealing with them(we choose not to).  This takes place because we allow them to replace God, when you totally depend on someone like this - God and his will all of a sudden becomes secondary.  When people are our life line, the thought of them not being with us, cause us to feel like everything will fall apart, will no longer function, and we even feel like they can't make it without us either.

When we allow things to become our lifeline, we are not happy unless we are getting and receiving more and more things.  We think that those things we keep on asking for are blessings when in actuality they are curses because we asked for them while operating under a spirit of lust.  Many think that lust only has to do with the flesh, but nothing can be farther from the truth.  Spiritual lust keeps our hand and mouth open consistently asking God for more, more, more - and when he gives it to us, we still are not happy.

Regardless of who or what you are making your life line, unless your life line is Jesus, life will end in mere disappointment.  But when you make Jesus your life line, allow Him to be the one who is keeping you going, who is meeting your needs, who is giving you the encouragement to know that you can make it, be the one who giving you the strength to endure, life will not end in mere disappointment, frustration, worriation, nor land you in low-de bar, but instead will help you to walk in that perfect will that God has for your life.  When Jesus is your lifeline, you won't have to bow to Baal, won't have to compromise your walk with God, because you will be sure of your stand in your relationship with Him who is able to keep you from falling.  And when Jesus is your lifeline - whatsoever you doeth shall and will prosper.

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, Jud 1:24 



© Copyright 2007 PastorMyrtle (mfjohnson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1322031-Have-the-right-life-line