*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1323373-Youre-on-your-way-somewhere-in-God
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Religious · #1323373
Devotional
And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: Act 9:3

Saul, just like many of us today, was on his way somewhere. He had plans to plot, plan and kill off the people who believed in God. Yet, he did not know that God had another plan for his life.

Yes, he was on his way somewhere ? he was on his way to greatness in God, just like many of you who are reading this devotional today. Just like Saul, sometimes the enemy have us so deceived, so blind sided, so far in sin and mess that if we are not careful, we will allow it to consume us, overtake us, and pollute our spirit to the point of rottening it ? just like the enemy had done with Saul. But, what the enemy did not know was that God had another plan for Saul?s life. His plan included greatness, making a difference in the lives of others, salvation, and freedom in knowing God in intimacy.

God could?ve chosen to allow Saul to stay at the state where he was, living a life separated from God ? but because of how loving and how kind God is, he chose to save him so that he might use him to build up his kingdom.

God wants to use you to be a blessing to the kingdom. Things are not always going to be bad for you, messed up and causing you tears ? that is not God?s will for your life. The things in which you are encountering are only to prepare you for where you are going. When you get there, God want you to be ready to walk into the fullness of him.

For your sorrow, he wants to give you joy. For your disappointments, he wants to give you encouragement. For your fears, he wants to give you comfort. For your brokenness, he wants to give you wholeness. For your sickness he wants to give you healing. And so on and so forth. The bottom line is, where you are now is not where you are going.

God wants to encourage you all to know that you?re going to make it. You are going to be prosperous, blessed and filled with the Spirit of God. Just like Saul?s life was converted with the flash of a light before his eyes ? that is letting you know how quickly your situation is going to change before your eyes. It?s not over for you until God says it?s over, as long as you have breathe in your body, you have another chance go somewhere great in God.

For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. 2Co 1:20

Heavenly Father:
It?s in Jesus name that we come thanking you for allowing us to go somewhere in you. Thank you for raising us high above every obstacle that the enemy has tried to put in our pathway to cause us to stumble, loose focus, give up, or think that you don?t have a plan for our lives. Father, help us to recognize you when you show up on the scene. Continue to decrease our flesh which would cause us to do things contrary to your word and your will, and increase your spirit in on to help us walk parallel to your word. Show us things within our selves that we don?t want to see, that you can continue to get the glory through us. Allow us to be all that you called us to be even before the foundations of the world. Thank you for your loving kindness and tender mercies that you extend to us every day. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.
© Copyright 2007 PastorMyrtle (mfjohnson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1323373-Youre-on-your-way-somewhere-in-God