*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1324803-The-Reunion
by Blink
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Personal · #1324803
meeting old friends..
                                         
We were the last Pre-University batch of our college- the millennium batch we were called since we joined college in the year 2000 for our PU. After two long years of struggling with our books, all of us parted our ways for further studies.

Six years passed with a few of us organizing a reunion now and then. But every time, it would be a small group at the last minute. People had the audacity to back out from the list when everything was planned. They came up with excuses for not making there. This had continued for a long time now and I never thought that it would be possible to have a reunion. However, I was proved wrong when a friend Tim called up saying there would be one since a lot of our mates were back from their studies.

Tim, who was the shy one in college hardly made any move to make a conversation with his mates especially us-the girls in college, was organizing the reunion. It was unbelievable but I marveled at the person he had become. Was it some hard lessons in life or time that had changed him coz time is known to be a great teacher. Whatever, it was he was no longer the shy Tim we knew in college but a confident person now.

Words of our reunion passed around from one to another until all of our mates who were in town were informed. For me, it was a relief from my work and something different from the usual boring weekends. 15th September at 4:30pm all of us gathered at the venue (actually not all of us, we were an hour late… however, to our dismay our absence was unnoticed). We were informed that we could invite our friends or our better halves (as they called) but no one did except for my friend Diva who brought along another friend, who in turn was no different from all of us.

For an hour or so, it was kind of awkward sitting there except for some who went around exchanging greetings. But afterwards it was all a hustle and bustle with everyone swapping from one place to another meeting everyone in the crowd while in the setting people were performing. It wasn’t long before friends from our group went up to sing and entertain all of us. Once the music started, everyone hit the floor while me and some friends who were not really into dancing headed for the tables continuing with our conversations. It reminded me of those wonderful memories of college where despite the stress from our studies, we had meticulously enjoyed our two years stay. I am not sure if we can have another of this sort five years down the line…but it sure would be great to meet again. 
© Copyright 2007 Blink (blink at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1324803-The-Reunion