*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1327670-Sintorian-Wars-Intro-Part-2
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Mythology · #1327670
this is the second part of the intro in my tale of the Sintorian wars
The hall of the Great Temple seemed much darker now then when the company first ventured into the hall. It had been as though the glory and light of heaven was in the King's eyes and it made him now squint to see the others. He nodded that it was time to depart and return to the army. The dawn came as they entered the camp and the tensions rose along with the sun. they could hear the hoof prints and deep battle drums in the distance. They would arrive around the sixteenth hour by the reports of the scouts that were actually making it back able to speak through bloody tounges. King Michael entered his tent and started to read the book and was lost to the world upon opening it, as if in a state of vision. Finnaly he snapped to and looked up. "Hades in the Moutains of the End", he said to himself with almost a chuckle. He called for his Generals to counsil in the tent. As they discussed the situation the King's son, Prince Elidar overheard from outside...The plan was to use "The book of the Apocolyse" as a weapon against the Sintorian armies. A spell was to be used, one that could open the gates of Hell themselves. There was a problem. With such a magic there must be a sacrifice of the Magician. The King calmly volunteered himself as the sacrifice along with the army as tribute if the army was willing. The young prince of seventeen years age ran through the tent door in tears. clutched his father and begged for another way. His father told him that he Loved his son very much and was sorry. before Elidar could ask for what his father knocked him out by a blow to the head and asked Fraytic to take him to the temple and stay there till the battle was over. He knew that his son was too loyal to his father to go on his own free will. He would rather die in the pits of hell. Fraytic was to watch over him and return to hide the book after the battle if it still remained. With reluctancy he agreed. Steping outside, he mounted Elidar up on his horse and rode off with him to the temple.
The armies were preparing for the fight at the tenth hour of the day when the Sintorian were spotted coming through the pass by a cliff scout. The armies of men and Sintorian met in the Valley. They stood and watched for the first arrow to fly. both side silent with spear and sword drawn. The only sound was that of the human horses occasionally neing a sound of anxiousness. Nervousness flowed through the armies of Men when the hated king, Draegor, appeared on the front line. King Michael also appeared on his horse with the book in hand. He shouted to Draegor, "If this is to be the finnal battle of men then allow your enemy one prayer from this holy book!". Draegor, looking amused, agreed and ordered a standstill for five minutes. King Michael opened the book the page and began to read aloud..." Oh Merciful Gods of the abiss, I give unto you the Sintorian armies for your liking and as a payment for your work we offer ourselves as tribute". Draegor look puzzled by the odd prayer but stood still as they continued. "And now out of this book from the pages of heaven and the ink of the God of Wisdom I quote: Vinana hus calis tuy Minte` ticasu!". With the last word the ground shook and the skys turned to night with clouds off the deepest black. Fear could clearly be seen in the eyes of all the armies of good and evil as lightning flashed not from the clouds but from the moutain walls and the hard earth. Rocks tumbled from the moutain walls and the tempature rose to that of a desert. The ground shook all the way to the temple were the prince, knowing of the fate about to be endured screamed his father's name so loud that the king could sence his son's emotional pain and wept a goodbye. The ground began to crack beneathe the armies and fire shot from the ground with such a force that stones began to melt . then all at once, a flash of light and out of the pools of melted stone, a firey door apeared in the side of the moutain. It engulfed and ate any and everything in its wake; even the clouds themselves were engolfed until nothing living remained in the moutain valley. The gate then burst into ash and fire...leaving nothing in that place exept the book lying on a rock and the sword of King Michael resting in the center of the battlefield tainted by the most powerful magic.

© Copyright 2007 Tales From the Soul (vivid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1327670-Sintorian-Wars-Intro-Part-2