*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1328147-IAWOD-Introduction
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Other · #1328147
A idea I've been working on for sometime now, the best introduction I've written so far.
*****It still needs a bit of editing and spell check, but I think it's pretty good, please let me know what you think of it*****


There are stories that tell of a mix of elements that consumed the galaxies until a great being tore them apart. that may very well be what happened. But no one truely knows how it began. The earliest one could begin a tale that could be proven would be the creation of the gods. More could have been made before these dieties, but the stories always start with them. They were not perfect. Each one wished to prove their power greater than the others. As the vanity began to take hold, the gods and goddesses discovered they had been given the power to create anything they wished. A war of creation commenced as each deity attempted to triumph over the other's works. so came to be universe after univers, planet after planet, creature after creature.

The one from whom the gods originated realized that many insignificant things were being brought into existance. An understanding came that those trivial creations could forever damage the significant ones. Therefore, what was necessary to remain within hte circle of life required a guardian to ensure their safety and evolution. It is here where I came into being. From the five elements which all life requires, I was formed.

There were three duties for which I was born to complete. First and foremost, I was to protect any creation that had the potential to evolve into beings similar to myself. Second, I was to destory all insignificant creations that served only ONE purpose, to destroy. My third, and final duty was to neutralize the powers of creation available to the warring gods. I was to carry out these duties by any means available to me. the one who made me gave me the ability to use the four basic elements of life, earth, wind, fire, and water. the gods and goddesses were unable to kill me, though they could harm and delay me from serving my purpose.

My duties were far more complicated than one would think. The original gods had created sons and daughters, that, like themselves, could not be destroyed. these sons and daughters, created to help fuel the raging battle, began warring with each other as well as their parents. Each one created more weapons and creatures to use against each other.

And then there was that human, from the planet deemed earth, that had caught me into a spell that I was unable to undo. That human woman, whom did not have the power of a god, but for some reason knew how to tap into the power of life itself and use it for her own purposes. It was a spell that changed the course of my life, my duties, and the life of one of her decendants. In effect, it changed the course of the future that my maker and the gods drew upon themselves.
© Copyright 2007 Crystal McDonald (kuro_agehachou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1328147-IAWOD-Introduction