*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/132879-Kentucky-Hills-Phantom
by Kings
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Ghost · #132879
The hunt for a phamtom animal in the hills of Kentucky.

Kentucky Hills Phantom

My friends and I would hunt for Raccoons, in the hills of Kentucky late some nights. One would take along a gun some others maybe a flashlight, we took three or four dogs along.

It was not long before our dogs would pick up a scent. Their barks echoed through the trees in the dark night. After they chased the Raccoon they would tree it, then they would wait at the tree impatiently with their tongues hanging to the ground. They had run a Raccoon up the tree there he was taking refuge from the howling dogs.

You could never take it for granted that a Raccoon was in the tree, you see. For Other animals roamed those old hills. Whompas cat was an animal who had gained fame there. I can not recall that if it was ever seen by anyone at all.

It's certainly possible in those hills to hide, be it human or animal. It seemed if one got to close to him he would let you know with that ghostly howl. Sometimes the dogs picked up his scent after him they ran but never caught him. When the dogs thought they had him treed. We used our lights to search all over the tree. But, he never became visible for anyone to see.

Who or what Whompas cat was one can only guess. If you ask me I can only say something haunted those hills of Kentucky and it was not a Raccoon. Even now when I think of his ghostly howl. Cold chills run all over my body and it seems I am in those hills of Kentucky again.

BY: Kings






© Copyright 2001 Kings (tazzy1228 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/132879-Kentucky-Hills-Phantom