*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329409-My-Gift-of-Organ-Donation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Inspirational · #1329409
A letter to the person who receives my organs.
To the recipient or recipients of my organs:

I wanted to write this letter to you now because when I am finally able to give you this gift I will no longer have the ability to write. I will however, watch over you as your own personal guardian angel, I promise. We are linked now, kin in life though I lie below the ground while keep me alive within your own body. I thank you for giving me this opportunity to give you this awesome gift. I wanted to leave something paramount when I was no longer a resident of this earth. I can do that through you. See, you have helped me as much as I have helped you. We have given each other a new lease on life. Please, treasure it.

Throughout my life I have wanted to help others. I wanted to give hope to people, to families and this is one way that I knew I could do that. I do not know your beliefs, and they do not matter, but I want you to understand from my perspective, from my faith, that I strongly feel that God chose us to be linked long before either of us was ever on this earth. He knew that at some point our lives would cross and that you would have a need that only I could fill so He put in my heart the desire to make the commitment to give my own gift of life so that you could have another day. And I am so happy that He chose you!

Please, do not feel any guilt that I had to die so that you could live. That was the plan. My time was finished here and it was time for me to be with my Father. But I don't need these organs where I am going so I want you to have whatever you need to give you the life that you want and deserve. I have chosen my words carefully here because I want you to understand exactly how I feel and what I want you to do. My dear, I want you to LIVE.

Feel free to have your "days" feel blue and don't feel bad or guilty about it. you can be grateful, but be human too. Don't stop living just because I did. In my death I gave the most wonderful, valuable gift that I could - life. And I wanted to. I wanted to give someone a chance at life within the tragedy of death. I planned it for years, considered it in depth, and discussed it with my family. This was not a decision that was arrived at lightly. I thought about it. I thought about YOU, your family, even though I do not know you. I know you in my heart and God has already chosen me for you. And if I can give you just one more day of life, your family just one more day of having you then it is all worth it.

I want you to know that I worked very hard to keep my organs healthy for you. I took good care of my body, maintained a healthy diet and exercised so that when you receive my heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, whatever, they will serve you well. I wanted my gift to you to be in optimal condition. As I said, I have planned this for a long time.

So, please, when you feel that soft breeze on your face or the sun seems to gently caress your skin, know that I, your guardian angel, am just reminding you that you are not alone. In fact, from now on, you will never, ever be alone. All I ask in return is that you LIVE.
© Copyright 2007 Stephanie Mayberry (fotojunkie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329409-My-Gift-of-Organ-Donation