*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1330293-Believers
by Peanut
Rated: E · Essay · Educational · #1330293
There are many types of believers; and they are all very scrupulous in their beliefs.
Believers

There are many types of believers; and they are all very scrupulous in their beliefs. For many people of all ages their beliefs are a safety shield; which helps them cope with everyday life to make it fun and interesting. Now there are true believers that do not know what is real and what is factitious no matter how much substantial evidence manifests to explain an occurrence their faith is unshakeable. According to M. Lamar Keene, there is a disorder characterized by believing in the reality of paranormal or supernatural events called True Believer Syndrome; it compels a person, past all reason, to believe in the unbelievable.

The belief in Paranormal is enormous. It is a term we use to describe a wide variety of reported strange phenomena; such as parapsychology; which deals with telepathy, reincarnation, UFO’s, and ghosts. Crypto-zoology is the scientific study of phenomena surrounding the Bermuda Triangle, and many other non-psychical subjects. From researcher’s point of view, paranormal phenomena exist outside of conventional norms, if they exist at all. For believers; ghosts, aliens, and demons are generally seen to be the spirit or soul of a deceased person or animal. There are many websites for people that are interested in the paranormal; that talks about the beliefs, provides spells and information on Wicca, and anything you would want to know about the psychic world. There are also countless movies and tv shows made about the paranormal that may help you understand the way some people think.

Children have a keen sense of imagination about them being in a fairy tale. They have a creative spirit, which makes them able to pretend to be superheroes or princesses, and that some things in life that we do not have to see or touch to know they are real. Anyone can believe in fairy tales; it helps make living life rich and deep. For example: All little girls wish to meet prince charming and have a fairy tale wedding when they grow up; I know a lot of grown ups that are still wishing the very same thing. Fairy Tales are fictional and usually features folkloric characters; often involving a far-fetched sequence of events. As a person gets older, they usually call it fantasies; if you are a true believer, it could be a vision.

Science Fiction differs from fantasy by its imaginary elements being a theory that life really does exist outside the laws of nature. People have beliefs of unknown civilizations involving aliens in outer space. Supporters of supernatural beliefs hold that occurrences exist undoubtedly as things do here on earth. The possibilities are endless for believers; there is always the question that everyone asks; “What if?”

A religion is a set of common beliefs and practices held by a group of people, often known as prayer, ritual, and religious law. It could also involve cultural traditions, writings, history, and mythology. Religion is often described as personal faith or mystic experience. The development of religion has taken many forms in various cultures; which could be considered supernatural, sacred, divine, or the highest truth in a way of life.

Often a belief is something accepted by the believer, as a truth, and therefore resists change. A sincere believer; in the flat earth theory does not know the earth is flat; unknown facts are not knowledge, because they are not known by any person. Philosophers think that belief information is spontaneous and involuntary; as for psychiatrists say it is a delusion. Delusions are general beliefs where the affected person is motivated to express false or bizarre belief statements due to a psychological disturbance.

I see beliefs as a desire, or a line between dreams and reality. Some see it as a way to deal with reality; others just think your crazy; and will tell you; “Wake up and smell the coffee!”
© Copyright 2007 Peanut (peanut69 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1330293-Believers