*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1331510-Woman-With-a-Shopping-Cart
Rated: E · Other · Environment · #1331510
Deticated to "Ashira"
My cart is only half full of my most prized possessions. I have no food. I have no water. It is in the middle of the summer, and my feet are bare and sore. Blistered and lonesome, I walk alone across the vast, barren land in front of me. I'm constantly looking for shade, wondering what is keeping me alive, keeping me away from my freedom and happiness.
My hands are now starting to blister and burn along with my shoeless feet, and the few trees around me are changing colors. The air gets a lot cooler in a short amount of time and the grass is turning brown. I still am barefooted, but at least the heat has let up a little. the ground is starting to get damp, so I think that I'll use it to get water. This is most likely fall. Now I can find insects to eat so I will not starve to death. I have found a place to rest, in my cart. I don't know if it will break, but it's a chance worth taking.
Over the months, I can tell that it was getting colder and colder. I have to find a place to reside before winter breaks and Jack Frost takes my life away. I am running, pulling my cart behind me, looking, searching, scanning for a place to stay. finally, I find a cave, a place that will save my life. I wheel my shopping cart into the hallow recesses of the damp cave. just as I settle myself into the cave, it starts heavily snowing. The cold stings my face and my feet were frost-bitten and blue as the ice that I was nearly encased with. I searched my cart looking for something to keep me warm. I found a blanket with two small holes in the top. I wrap it around my frozen body like a tourniquet and sit in the frigid silence. I hear a noise, I hear a white hare skipping towards the mouth of the cave. I catch him. He will be the first meal I've had in weeks. I've tried to cook the disgusting raw flesh of the hare, but it is to cold to start a fire, but after I am finished choking him down, I will have to find his family, for my ravenous hunger won't let me resist.
Slowly the catastrophic winter melted into spring and the sun came out for the first time in months. I drink from the melting snow and limp with my frost-bitten feet over to the cart. The cart is misted and warm, it feels good on my cold hands. Limping slowly, I see a light. A luminous, bright light. It starts to sing to me, like a choir! My feet stop hurting, and turn back to their original color. I leave my possessions behind and run with my new-found strength to the light. I was lifted by an unknown force into the clouds, I know what is happening to me now! I'm dying. I can see my spiritless body, barely standing, below me. The singing is getting louder! I can see The Lord waiting for me, I know now I'm loved by The Lord. He takes my hand, and we disappear into a kingdom of light. Where the angels stood in small rows and sang louder and louder. I can smell the delicious food! I can see all the golden halos floating around our deceased loved ones. I reach to touch one to see if it’s really here, but as I look up, I see my own above my head. I had been adorned in a glowing white gown and wings had sprouted from my shoulder blades! I didn’t know that it even happened, it just appeared! I know that I’ve been forever accepted to the heavenly world before me. I shall have no more suffering or pain now. I shall never be hungry or thirsty again. This truly is heaven.
© Copyright 2007 Britney LR (1creative at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1331510-Woman-With-a-Shopping-Cart