*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1331983-My-Second-Love
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Animal · #1331983
I write about the only woman that could compete with my wife for my love.
I met my first true love when we were in high school. We married. We have been happily married for over 32 years.

I always thought that I could never love another woman the way I love my wife. I knew that I would always be faithful to her alone.

Three years ago I met the woman that would change my life. Perhaps you are thinking “What a cheat!” “Men are all GARBAGE!”

I say “You just don’t understand!”

There are many things that can cause a man to fall in love. I’ll try to explain. I’m no spring chicken any more. Though I’m just past 50, I’m still in pretty good shape physically, I’m rather handsome (I’ve been told,) and I’m usually fun to be around. I’ve also been told that I’m the kind of guy that younger women often go for.

When I first saw her, I somehow knew that she was the girl for me. She was young. In fact she was very young. She was playful. She was, at that moment, the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. I was totally smitten. She could also be a “Bad girl” when she wanted to. The best part was that she was immediately attracted to me. What more could a man want?

(Oddly, I should mention that my wife and I were together the first time I saw her.)

The past three years have been quite an experience as our relationship has grown, and I realized that I love her as much as a man can love a woman like her. She is totally dedicated to me. It doesn’t even bother me that she’s one of those “Clingy” women that always has to be right there with me no matter what I’m doing. She loves to be with me when I go anywhere in the truck. (A real southern girl!) If I go for a walk in the woods, she wants to be there too. If I take a nap on the couch, she loves to curl up next to me and lay her head on my chest.

I’ve realized that no matter what I do, no matter how bad, or how well I treat her, it makes absolutely no difference to her. She constantly shows her total and unconditional love towards me.

Possibly the strangest part of all of this is that she and my wife have also become very good friends.

If I could change only one thing about her...it would probably be that after I get out of bed in the morning, and go to work, that she wouldn’t jump on the bed and get her hair all over my side of the bed, because she has this rather coarse medium long black hair that really sticks to the sheets. She KNOWS she’s not allowed on the bed, but my wife just can not control that dog.

Oh, by the way, my Maggie is a 3 year old black lab - springer spaniel mix. She was one of 12 pups from a litter of a friend’s springer. She, and her brothers and sisters were orphaned at birth when their mother’s uterus burst. Two of her siblings died of pneumonia within a couple of weeks. Our friends kept 2, and the rest were all adopted by close friends and church family.

So, Maggie is the second love of my life, and I couldn’t be happier.
© Copyright 2007 Johnny Dingo (gentlemanjohnl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1331983-My-Second-Love