*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1332972-Favorite-Author
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #1332972
Lesson Two - Written Assignments
Kathryn Lasky


Kathryn Lasky, a American author of many critically acclaimed books, is one of my favorites. She was born and raised in Indianapolis, Indiana. She lives with her husband, Christopher Knight, and their two children, in Cambridge, Massachusetts. They often work together creating highly acclaimed photographic essays for children. Kathryn writes fiction and nonfiction books for children, young adults and also for adults under a pseudonym of E. L. Swann and married name, Kathryn Lasky Knight.

As a child, Kathryn enjoyed reading books like Peter Pan and The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. These stories contributed to the inspiration in her own books, some being the Dear America books, the Royal Diaries books and my favorite fantasy series, the Guardians of Ga'Hoole.

In this series about a legend of owls, Kathryn portrays the characters with human aspects. She gives them depth of personality, making them fascinating and captivating, drawing me to read more. She also teaches, through her characters, how easy it is to influence others, controlling what they think and do. At the same time, shows how a strong personal character can turn away from a life that is unacceptable, even if the price to do so is very high. She draws the reader into the world and connects you with her characters lives. I am excited that my favorite series of books, the Guardians of Ga'Hoole, will be made into a movie.

I like her writing style, captivating stories and lessons she teaches. You can tell she puts a lot of time and research into her books, making it very hard to put them down before the last word is read.
© Copyright 2007 ~LadyBee~ (brendakay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1332972-Favorite-Author