*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1333070-In-The-Heat-of-August
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #1333070
A woman's prospective of herself in her early forties.


It’s a strange thing to look in a mirror and see all the little imperfections we have on our bodies as we grow older. Those youthful areas under the eyes now appear to have little lines and the once firm skin under our chin has lost some of it elasticity. Our hair texture has seemingly changed and the nice flat abdomen that we used to show off in our bikinis has not been shown publicly in some time. Then all of a sudden you hear yourself express a huge sigh, you shake your head and may even just chuckle a bit in remembrance of some of the old days of your youth.

I have been finding myself in this strange, but yet, more often than we would like to admit place in our lives. Perhaps because I will soon be another year older and both my children are growing up so very quickly before my eyes. I look at photos of my daughter and think how beautiful she has become into an adult woman, not that she never wasn’t simply beautiful in my eyes and then there is my son with who I have to look up at when we have these conversations on life and then think of how much he is becoming the young man, all in front of me and I can’t stop it!

Well gravity being what it is for our generation, speaking to the middle age group now, what’s a gal or guy to do? Well we have all the gyms now you can run to and workout until your heart’s desire. You have a plus side in this as I hear it, if you are single it can be a wonderful place to meet and mingle. As far as I am concerned finding someone on the internet has been nothing but dissatisfaction. Of course at this time I myself am not looking to get “hooked” up formally, but I won’t lie when I say I like to “browse” and look into that wide vast ocean of men fish, just to see what different types of men my age are doing out there and single. And you know what; it’s been real fun sometimes, just reading profiles of various people, of both sexes in my position – living the single life.

What I enjoy most more than anything is noticing who people have on their so called “friends” lists. Are these people for real?? I mean how can women like myself and others who are as normal as we can be compete with this? You have scantily clad dressed women in poses that have to be photos from some porno site or you have these hard bodied men showing off their chests with their egos just as pumped up. So this is where the rubber meets the road and it only starts getting hotter my friend, just as the August heat in Florida. Then you notice all the sexual innuendo comments left by one another and to be truthful, do you really think that if these people met up they would be so expressive in that way? I hardly doubt it. This only the tip of the iceberg though, the younger crowd has most definitely jumped on this same bandwagon in hopes of getting noticed. For some it can be nothing but disastrous and then you have the law stepping in to infiltrate the ones who are prowling around like a lion to see whom they may devour next.

Yet, life is still becoming more humorous at my age. I know I haven’t blogged or written anything lately, but I am working on writing a book and it is truly taking up much of my time; like I have anything else to do at this point. Circumstances in my life may seem to look as if I am suffering, but I am not. If anything, I am truly looking deeper into who I was and who I am becoming. It’s been a huge experience and one I wouldn’t trade for anything.

Well I hope all of you have a great weekend ahead! And from the HOT state of Florida, stay cool!

}i{ Terri }i{





© Copyright 2007 texasbutterfly41 (texasbutterfly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1333070-In-The-Heat-of-August