*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1334521-Beat-of-a-Stroll
Rated: E · Prose · Nature · #1334521
Listen as you walk, find the beat of your stroll.
      the doors opened and the chill breeze stung my nose. the air went right through my clothes, as if there was nothing there, sending a chill throughout my body, from the hairs on my neck, to my fingers and toes. the cold sent a shock through my body that made me wake up and remember to breathe. I locked arms with a dear friend whose heart could warm me better than any fire. we talked and chatted mindless chit chat. her words slowly started to fade away when my senses began to take in the nature around me. our simultaneous steps pounding like a heart beat on cold cement that has endured the pounding of millions and millions of steps. steps i could hear from my twenty classmates, along with the gentle murmering of their voices talking about the weekend, the dance, boys. suddenly, the world was making music. the beat of steps, the rustle of leaves, the hum of voices. my fingers were tapping against my leg to the rhythm of the music as i walked.
      i walk to beat of a different tune, my mind off in its own world, a world of solitude. yet, there was the presence of bodies all around me, walking in tune with me. i may think i am in a world of solitude, but i am never really alone.
© Copyright 2007 Phi Sig (gellarose89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1334521-Beat-of-a-Stroll