*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1335245-Asumption-is-the-mother-brother
Rated: 18+ · Essay · Comedy · #1335245
a very short story about a relationship based on assumption
Assumption is the mother, brother, father of all fuck ups

"It's not that I don't love you honey... it's just that I don't feel the spark anymore. No butterflies, no stomach ache, no goose-bumps. So I do love you but just as you love your cat or your dog or you're favorite t-shirt or pair of jeans. I just have the sense that I own you, that I am somehow attached but I don't look forward to seeing you everyday when you come from work. I don't feel the urge of buying you flowers or chocolate, I don't care what you say about what I am wearing to work today. I don't value your opinion anymore, I am not worried about not hurting your feelings. I feel like I can tell you everything I don't like about you. The way you throw your jacket away on the floor after I've cleaned, the way you eat, the way you talk, what you wear. I don't like this anymore. They're disturbing and they're triggering a very nasty reaction in me. The kind you get when you're at the movies and you hate it and you want to get out of there but you can't.
So, if you want, I propose having from now on a relationship based entirely on sex because that's the only thing that seems to work between us" says Dorian to his perplexed girlfriend as they are waiting for the elevator to reach their floor.

This is how these things end. Or not. It is possible that after a speech such as this the woman to whom you have addressed it would not get mad. She would understand you completely. Maybe feel the same way too and haven't had the guts to tell you herself. You don't know that. Maybe she cheated on you already and the fuck-buddies plan is ruined too. You don't know anything. But who does. We all assume. We assume that we are loved or hated, we assume that we are good at our job just as our boss assumes that we are happy doing it. We assume that sex is great, that she didn't fake it. Not even once. That she loves to suck your cock and that you love smelling her pussy. But is that really true? Who can say that for sure? Is there anyone sure about things like that?
© Copyright 2007 Axel Klein (axelk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1335245-Asumption-is-the-mother-brother