*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1335642-Purple-Heart
Rated: GC · Sample · Other · #1335642
Sample of a urban non-fiction short story.
“Dang’ boy!  What took you so long? Didn’t you hear me at the door?”  I said to him as I checked out my surroundings and took my hands out of the red goose-feathered bubble coat I was wearing.  “Look Myeisha, I need you to go upstairs and get that money from inside the speakers of the stereo.  You can have all of it and don’t ask me for anything else.  Oh, and make sure you don’t forget your key when you leave this time cause’ I’m not opening the door again for you,” Travis said nonchalantly while taking a sip of the 24 ounce beer he was holding.  Travis had a pretty boy look with cornrows, but didn’t dress the part.  Instead he was the type of guy that wore white tee’s and sweats everyday of the week, but that didn’t stop all the girls from wanting him.  He was about 6’1 and 220 pounds, which was mainly muscle because he was always lifting weights or doing push ups.  I knew my brother was just as arrogant as me because he made a point to comment on his good looks whenever the ladies were around.  I never had to mention that I was pretty because men told me all the time.  I took my hands out my coat since I was beginning to warm up and cursed him out for leaving me outside for so long in the cold.  Before I could finish fussing the front door came flying off the hinges and a crew of boys came rushing in, wearing black hoodies on their heads and stockings on their faces. “Get down, get down!  We came to collect, one guy yelled with a heavy and demanding voice.  “Shit! I screamed as I put my hands in the air and got down on the floor right where I was standing.  A long shotgun was pointing directly at my head now and I could feel the cold tip pressing heavily into my skull.  Travis was laying down right beside me on the floor, while the boys went through his pockets and took his last two-hundred dollars.  Next, they maneuvered through my really tight stretch Prada Jeans and one boy even said, “Damn, girl what you do, paint these on?” I heard something come from upstairs that sounded like a grenade it was so loud and powerful.  I could smell the gun smoke as I covered my ears I tilted my head up and took a quick glance at who was shooting from upstairs, and that's when I noticed.................................
© Copyright 2007 nsjones81 (nsjones81 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1335642-Purple-Heart