*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1337201-A-New-Beginning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Young Adult · #1337201
This is a story about my grandma.
On Thursday, May 4, 2006, at 3:00p.m my mom sat us down and my mom told us that my grandma died. It was silent, then I started laughing it was a little weird because I was 10 years old.
       
          Although I did cheer my family up. I would have expected my sisters, Amanda, Emily, and Madelyn to cry. They were laughing with me. We were sad and expressed it in a weird way. I'm glad it wasn't a complete sob fest.
     
            My grandma died and everything was feeling okay for the most part. I knew you couldn't fix a problem like this. People would make fun of me and say ha, ha, your grandma died. I don't really get why people said what they said.
       
          People kept sending my family sympathy cards saying how sorry they felt for us. I didn't want sympathy cards all I wanted was someone to say it's a start to a new beginning. You're supposed to be happy when someone dies you need to know they rise for the good they do.
   
            There was this one boy, named Max, and he said thank god your grandma died. My cousins were mad because they wouldn't make fun of someone that died in his family. Come to think of it he did have issues he could probably punch you straight out.
       
            Right now I've learned it's only the end of a new beginning. You can live, learn, and love, but be one to respect others even though they don't respect you. I did have a scared feeling at the time.
© Copyright 2007 mfortuna1002 (mfortuna1002 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1337201-A-New-Beginning