*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1338493-ARIA6000-All-alone-with-ash-and-dust
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Computers · #1338493
A 30th century robot,set on her old rutines,even after her old owners are long gone.
    "Monday! March 11th, 2810!" The voice alarm sang. The kitchen was filled with the aroma of cooking eggs and toast. The alarm repeated the date 3 more times for memories sake.
    The tap-tap of rain on the roof beat a rythym so snappy the house seemed to giggle. Kitchen sounds filled the air as the stove hissed as it cooked away happily, and the sink gurgled away the last of the soapy dish water. Its floors free from dust and dirt, were smooth and ready to be trampled by happy feet, ready to start the day right.
    No feet came down the red carpeted stairs. Only the last crigning specks of cob webs and ash sat on the staircase, swivelling its way to the top floor.
    The walls were white and bare. No pictures left on those perfectly painted walls, just the remaining bits of crumbling ash, a thin layer of dark dust. The door frames were intact, there rooms at full operation, even though no one occupied them. A robotic woman stepped out of one of the doorcases.
    ARIA6000. A tall, silver, spotless, smudgeless mass of gleaming metal. "Advanced Robotic Inteligence Apliance" was her name. Her body was made of the finest steel and flawless wiring ran throughout out her makeshift nervous system. Her legs were polish and shone with a muster, her 'tick-tock'ing heart beat rythymicly. Her face was that of a stoic girl, empty yet full of something called hope.
    Her steel rudder heels taped as they climbed down the stairs her hands clasped together, ready to greet her non-existent family... The house seemed happy to see ARIA and seemed to clap at her arival, the doorbell ringing frantically and the clocks ticking excitedly. She smiled.
    Heading toward the living room she opened a compartment in her steel arm. A pad of bottons and keys was occupying the space and she pressed one, the tv screaming to life, a very nice football game going on... Her masters favourite show. At the same time she readied a newpaper on the glass coffee table, opened to her mistress's favourite section, the Entertainment. A glass of water sat awaiting a thirsty mouth to gulp it down, but no one would.
    As ARIA went about her business, the topmost rooms were at their duties.
    In the masters bedroom the sheets were folded by the gentle arms of robotic machines, being placed neatly, slightly ascew, ready for awaiting bodies. The clothes on the floor were neatly tucked in and stored in drawers by handy little metal mice, scurrying away after their job was done. They escaped into their holes, makeing their way to the downstairs exits, to the outside world.
    The mice slipped out their doors and went about their jobs in the yard. The lawn was dark and grass-less, dirt and clay in the place of lush greenery. Cobble stones were ascew and lain about the yard, broken and crumbled. Footprints of once rubber soled shoes lay imprinted in the once wet pavement, by once happily running children. The air seemed to be filled with the laughter and happiness of a once happy family and a once neighborly community and a once peaceful, beautiful place. All of this was nice once.
   
.....................Not finished.......................
© Copyright 2007 The Kween of Kandii (kandiixkane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1338493-ARIA6000-All-alone-with-ash-and-dust