*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1338615-Galaxy-Girls
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Latte
Rated: E · Essay · Music · #1338615
This is one of my contenders for a college essay, so please give me Any feedback
The crowd was full and anxious for the first act to appear. The opening act had just finished her last joke. “Now,” announced Bob Ticky Tacky, “The moment you’ve all been waiting for… the Galaxy Girls!” The butterflies in my stomach had been woken. I looked at Brittney; we gave each other a nod of assurance and headed onto Stage.
         It was the moment we had been waiting for. We were greeted by the faces of twelve of our closest friends and family. It may not sound like a lot now, but it was our big debut, our first step towards New York and Fame. Our concert, an outdoor venue, aka my back yard, was a hit. We did not miss a beat or stumble on a dance move. All our hard work had paid off.
         It started on a walk home from school in the beginning of fifth grade when Brittney and I discovered our shared love of writing songs. We decided a band had to be formed. After a long and delicate brainstorming process, we came up with a name, The Galaxy Girls. It was perfect. It explained to pieces of vital information. First, that we are girls. Secondly, that we were ready to take the whole galaxy by storm. After that, we spent all off our time together writing songs and Choreographing dances to our sure to be hits. Two Months later, after we found our first concert to be a hit we took it a step further. We had photo shoots, we started are own clothing line called “tootsie girl,” which was featured out our magazine, also called Tootsie Girl. The monthly magazine included Articles, quizzes, and a calendar. The calendar was ascetically a picture of us with our up coming concerts and fundraisers filled in on the appropriate dates. For fundraisers we held Lemonade/ baked good stands, craft sales, car washes and more to raise money for costumes and our dual microphone “diva girl” tape recorder. We recorded all of our songs including the Galaxy girl classics Really, Friends, and Never Give up.
    Although the Galaxy Girls eventually disbanded and never got a deal with “Jive Records,” I will never regret the time and effort I put into it. It taught me that I could create things that people would like, that I did not always have to be embarrassed when people asked me to see what I was working on. I also learned how to collaborate, and that when two people work as one fantastic things can happen. Lastly, I found a life long friend. Despite our lack of back yard concerts and low budget music videos, we still exchange song lyrics, artwork or any other ideas we may have floating around our minds.
When that information is exchanged, we can always expect a supportive but constructive response, which is the best thing I could ever hope for.
© Copyright 2007 Latte (mollyicool at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1338615-Galaxy-Girls