*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1341917-Single-1
Rated: 18+ · Editorial · Emotional · #1341917
Single Parenthood
No, this isn't an episode of Sex and the Single Mother. Though I am sure it could be. Gail O'Grady would have to be replaced with say, Britney Spears. Ok, maybe not. I have emotional issues and baby daddy drama but I think I have surpassed the rebel stage and actually make Ms. Spears sound like a damn good singer.

And sex, please. I need a refresher course. Perhaps the birds and bees could take me for a walk. Before it gets too cold.

I digress.

A lot of single mothers, from what I read and see on tv, feel it's them against the world and that they are frowned upon.

This is 2007, correct? Ok, just checking. I am perplexed by and yet somehow identify with this feeling, to an extent.

Now I suppose I've been dealt a double-whammy. I am 28 years old and still live with my parents. Oh, and I am presently unemployed. Third strike, I should be out, right? Doesn't wear so well when you're trying to get people to take you seriously as a grown-up. There are positives here, trust me. My daughter gets to grow up with her Grandparents within arms reach and that comforts me, especially with her father 20 miles away, working third shift and basically being absent.

That is a whole issue in itself that I just don't have the energy and/or time to get into. Stay tuned.

Getting to be a full-time mommy and watch all of the beauty unfold is something I have learned not to take for granted.

The downfalls are obvious. Privacy, issues with my own parents and yes, dating.
© Copyright 2007 Mum_Letters (mumwriter13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1341917-Single-1