*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1342545-Why-Homosexuality-is-NOT-a-Choice
by Nicole
Rated: 13+ · Article · LGBTQ+ · #1342545
A flawless argument for why homosexuality/bisexuality is not a choice.
Homosexuality and bisexuality is not a choice. By this I mean if you are attracted sexually to a gender it is not a choice. The only choice is the act itself, like how 99% of what we do are choices. It's not a choice by me that I need to breathe air to survive, but at any moment I could choose I dont want to breathe anymore, suffocate myself and die. Conscious actions by humans are choices, how you're born is not a choice. What kind of person you are and what you're born with isnt a choice.

If it were a choice, then everyone could choose to be gay. Obviously this cant be true since not everyone has homosexual tendencies (so they say) and you know for a fact no gay-haters who say its a choice would admit they had homosexual tendencies, though by saying its a choice they are saying they themselves could choose to be gay.

Heres my food analogy. Think of a food you love, say pizza. Can you wake up one morning and choose to not like the taste of pizza anymore? No. Can you stop eating it? Yes. Do you still like pizza even though you dont eat it? Yes.

Can you make yourself like a food you dont like the taste of? No. If I think something tastes nasty, I cant sit there and go "You know what, I'm going to choose to like this" and all of a sudden love the taste of it.

Choosing not to act on how you feel doesnt change how you feel.

Anyways, I think there's more important issues than gay people. Don't you think?

Arent there more important issues we as a race on a planet should be dealing with? Like ending poverty, curing diseases, getting along?!, ending meaningless killing and wars, protecting our environment and resources etc etc etc.

I'm 100 % right on all of this. If you are going to argue that the attraction to the same sex is a choice please make an intelligent argument, reread it and ask yourself "Am I talking about the act or the attraction?"

© Copyright 2007 Nicole (liveindreams at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1342545-Why-Homosexuality-is-NOT-a-Choice