*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1343390-Clothes-Care-for-Todays-World
by Trish
Rated: E · Article · Fashion · #1343390
Simply steps before doing the laundry will help clothes last longer.
Caring for your clothes does not have to be a time consuming process.  We all have crazy schedules with little time to breath, much less mend our clothes.  I want to share with you simple, quick little things one can do while washing, or everyday when clothes are worn. 
Washing your clothes in a biodegradable detergent, there are many brands on the market now; Shaklee is just one of them.  Basic L or Liquid L is a wonderful product that I have used personally for close to 15 years now.  When I started, I had a growing family that was active and busy with many stains to get out of clothes.  I can truly say that Shaklee has never let me down.  A number of years ago, I was on my way home from work for lunch dressed in dressy white pants.  I had a little coffee left, and decided to drink it when the top came off to spill all over my white pants.  I needed to be back at work in an hour and a half.  I did not have another pair of white pant to put on, so I changed and washed them in Nature Bright and Basic L.  All of the coffee came out to give me wonderful, bright white pants again.
As we are coming into fall, we will all be wearing more wool, and fabrics that will need to be dry cleaned.  We can all minimize our dry cleaning amount by using a few simple steps.  One step is brushing our garments to remove dirt and perspiration, which will help cut down the number of time that will need dry cleaning.  The second step is airing the garment out; I simply hang it up on my shower curtain rod for a day or so.  I know for a great deal of people today, hand washing a garment is inconceivable.  If your washing machine has a hand wash cycle, use it!  Washing clothes by hand can pay off in clothes lasting longer and in the pocket book.
Reading all the labels is key to prolonging the life of your clothes.  We all want to do that at the price of each item these days.  Sorting clothes before washing is another key step, simply putting like colors together can save the day.  Before washing any garment, look them over to see if there are any stains or spots to treat.  I have found that the only thing in my laundry room that is not a Shaklee product is hairspray, which works wonderful on pen marks.  I have used this trick for years, and it has never let me down.
Before putting items into the washing taking the time to zip the zippers, buttoning the buttons, hooking the hooks will help to keep down the need for so many repairs to each garment.  I have found by doing the repair or mending right away keeps the repair small, as well as quick to do it a few minutes.  If the repair is more than you are comfortable doing yourself, just call a professional.  Each and every city has professional seamstresses to call upon.
© Copyright 2007 Trish (trish62 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1343390-Clothes-Care-for-Todays-World