*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1343441-My-Walk-to-School
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Educational · #1343441
An assignment for English documenting my walk to school in "Salinger" style.
My Walk to School


I had a bugger of a headache in the car this morning. We were on the way to school and sitting in our crumby old car- you know the ones, with them stupid stickers on the back windows  and stuff? Well, what happened was my brother was just going on and on about some stupid goddamn thing that happened to him and some other sonuvabitch the other day. He was just about driving me crazy. I was well pissed off at him, I was, and so I just screamed at him, “You shut up you goddamn moron!”

He’s a real moron, my brother is. Anyway, so he shut his trap after that. Didn’t say another goddamn word, but just started reading some stupid book that he stole from me the other day. He really cracks me up sometimes, stealing books, you know?

Anyway, so I was just staring out the window. It’s a pretty crumby trip to school, if you ask me, ‘cause there’s nothing to see on the way, just houses and more crumby houses, and some stupid idiots who gotta’ wait for the bus in the morning.

Boy, but I was feeling sorry for them that morning. Well, not really sorry, but just you know, sorry, ‘cause it was, like raining and all, and the bus was late. That bus is always late; you wouldn’t believe it. It kills me, it really does, how it’s always late. Goddamn bastards of bus drivers can’t even manage to keep the goddamn bus on time in the morning. We should launch a complaint, you know, we really should. I mean, t’would give ‘em something to think about for a change, yeah, other than making the bus late, I mean.

Anyway, we arrived at school eventually, and we were early, so I didn’t have anything to do, and boy, was I bored, until my friends finally arrived. Goddamn morons, my friends, but they really kill me. You’d like them, you really would.
© Copyright 2007 HallowedInk (hallowed-ink at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1343441-My-Walk-to-School