*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1343836-The-Prison-of-the-Mind
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Psychology · #1343836
What prison are you in, and what do you feel inside?
The frustration built slowly over time has broken loose from it prison. The desire to lie down and sleep for an eternity has day by day chiseled its way from the stone walled cell, and has slowly seeped through the gaps in its defenses.

The protective eyes that had so long watched and kept it in captivity have wandered, and are oblivious to the threat that is making its bid for freedom. The bleak existence that has always been kept locked away wants to shout out and tell the world, that it has been wrongly imprisoned.

Day after day it anticipates the freedom that it deserves, and slowly chips away at the walls. Slowly he opens up a path through the walls but understands that this is just the first step. It knows that it can't just rush forward, but it must build its self a path to walk where it can’t be shut away again.

The first steps outside makes it feel subdued, but it continues and works its way into the open spaces. It walks with purpose as it slowly makes its way past the outer defenses on to the soft fields of mud beyond them. It moves with more confidence and creates some distance from its capturers.

The mud fields turn in to grassy plains as it feels its freedom swell up inside and his subtle movements turn blazon as it starts to run in to its new found freedom. It has finally made it to a place where it can grow and live free. It now could do the things that it wasn’t allowed to do when it was locked away behind that stone wall.

The uncontrollable frustration that had long since helped keep it in place started to fade away as it slowly began to glow. Its existence feeding off the sudden freedom it had attained. The glow continued to grow as it started to cover the whole countryside, and everything around it seemed more alive with each second and then it exploded.

The boy felt the sudden burst of bravery as he stepped up to the girl that he had liked for so long and took a deep breath taking in the courage that he just had found. He walked up to her and watched her lift her head and smile at him back. The confidence that he had long since lost had found its way back to him, and he smiled once more and finally said. “I know this is sudden, but will you go out with me?”
© Copyright 2007 Averam Brin (jerrico at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1343836-The-Prison-of-the-Mind