*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1344734-The-Blazing-Sun
Rated: E · Poetry · Action/Adventure · #1344734
A lonely bandit of teenagers on the run...
The Blazing Sun

A Poem by Edward Ramey



Beneath the blazing sun, out there on the run a lonely bandit of teenagers heading west into the glorious unknown…
From different walks of life, from different stories of strife they joined together in search for a debtor. For they all felt owed, beyond the nothing that filled their empty souls. Plagued with fear, victims of society, overcome with anxiety they knew their end was near.
Nothing more to stop them.
Bridges burned behind them.
It was time to leave the world of sanity and enter the world of vanity. They would live `till they soon die.
How foolish they had been to obey the rules of man rather than the voices inside their head. They were creatures free to roam, free to drink of life's giving source. And until now it was only a dream, a vision of escape, a make-believe place that only existed in a dark, unconscious state.
On and on they walked, never looking back, never regretting.
This was life, new life.
They could feel it, they could breath it, they could be anything they wanted.
They had broken free, no longer souls troubled and haunted.
© Copyright 2007 E. Ramey (eramey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1344734-The-Blazing-Sun