*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1345715-Serect-Behind-the-Mirrors
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Fantasy · #1345715
Naomi finds that Mystical creature live among us and mirrors do more than show reflections
Serect Behind the Mirror


My lungs went for the scream, but nothing seemed to come out. It was like they just didn’t seem to want to work, a sort of sense that whatever is happening around me isn’t scream worthy. I don’t have a clue where I am, or who the man in front of me is. I frantically look for my book, maybe that will give me some indication of what is in front of me. Though now that I think about it what is the point of looking through a book that I know everything about?
My mind knows what he is, yet at the same time it doesn’t want to believe it. My body succumbs to shock and my mind is racing at a mile a minute. As he slowly stepped towards me, reality finally clicks in and I realise that running would be a great idea at this moment in time.
I don’t stop to look back as I start running, almost falling down the hallways of this magnificently huge castle, scanning the walls at lighting speed. Deep red walls whip past me, trimmed in gold that looks like it needs to be repainted. Paintings of people I’ve read about pass me by and I curse a little at the realisation that I had forgot my book in my hast to get out of there and save my life.
At the end of the hallway is a large door, after opening it, I stopped gasping in surprise at the sight before me, amazed by all the people dancing around. Masks hiding their faces, gorgeous dresses adorning their bodies. As I stand transfixed on every dress in the room, momentarily forgetting what had brought me to this door to begin with.. Everyone’s body swaying and moving in time to the music playing...I had read about this before and If I was correct, and I know I was I couldn’t believe my own eyes. That when I knew I had walked in on a Vampire Ball, for all that were around the Area.....

© Copyright 2007 GothicWaterBabe (gothwaterbabe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1345715-Serect-Behind-the-Mirrors