*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1347581-Oh-my
Rated: ASR · Other · Crime/Gangster · #1347581
David's best friend, has been found to have committed a crime. Will he stand by? Cramp
Write a short story or poem finding out your best friend is guilty of a horrible crime. Do you stand beside them or walk away?



"A massacre at Karnyora High occurred ten years ago. Fifty were found dead, a dozen others wounded. We bring you the latest in this cold case, reopened after seven years of being ignored. Here's Mary with more. Mary." The television reporter's face was joined by another beautiful face.
"Thanks, Kay" The smile stared the viewer in the eye for a minute, before fading into a very serious, solemn expression. "Those who witnessed the massacre ten years ago are haunted by the memory of the unidentifiable shooter. Local police are finding new evidence, and hearing new testimony from people too scared to come forward before now. New technology has uncovered more clues and leads to involving information on this very scary case. They now believe they have identified the shooter. Then a junior, she would now be 27 years of age." A picture with a name beneath it flashed onto the screen.
"No." gasped his voice. "It can't be." The grey eyes and delicate bone structure were all too familiar to him. "Not Laurie!"
"Yes? What is it dear?" A females honeyed voice was coming down the hall.
"Laurie. Look. At. The. TV."
The grey eyes looked, staring into themselves. Suddenly, another face flashed onto the screen.
"Lauren McFarley is believed to be the shooter. Anyone knowing her whereabouts should contact the local police immediately."
"Laurie?" David's hazel eyes filled with doubt. "Was it really you?"
Laurie hung her head, staring to cry. "Yes, I did it. And I've regretted it ever since." She said between fake sobs, looking over her hands and though her hair.
"Laurie. After knowing you for over 15 years, I'm too much entwined in our friendship to disown you now. I will regret what you did and hate you for that. But I will stay here." David said this, and yet, a moment later, he was staring down the barrel of a gun. "La..la..lau...au...rie?"
"You better promise and promise fast. You will tell no one where I am and you will bring everything I need to me. Alright?" A smile slid it's way onto her face, smirking with the knowledge that she had David wrapped around her finger.
"Alright......."
"Good."


Word Count:363
© Copyright 2007 Knightress Morgan (morgan_faere at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1347581-Oh-my