*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1347625-Girl-That-Sits-in-Front-of-Me
by Lauren
Rated: E · Monologue · Experience · #1347625
To the girl that sits in front of me in biology class: we don't know each other, but...
SIXTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL MONOLOGUE.


A girl, sixteen or so, stands center stage, spotlight on her. She speaks directly to the audience.


GIRL
To the girl that sits in front of me in biology class:

We don’t really know each other, but. I mean. Sometimes I feel like I know you because you sit in front of me every day. And usually your jeans don’t fit you right and I can see the top of your ass. So I guess I know you like, more than I would want to.

But. We don’t. Talk. So.

Sometimes I look on your paper and I have noticed more than once that you tend to draw hearts with arrows through them. And it always kind of annoys me because Mr. Bogert is not only a pretty good teacher but he’s also like, kind of cute, and I sort of think you should pay attention.

Okay so anyway today I saw you put like, drops coming out of the heart that has the arrow through it... and at first I thought it was blood which I thought kind of made at least a little sense because you’re kind of goth. Well. You wear black a lot. And weird jewelry. Anyway so at first I didn’t really feel bad, because I thought it was just one of your goth things.

But then I thought that like, maybe those were tear drops. Because.

I got up to go to the bathroom and then I noticed that you looked pretty sad. The other day I overheard someone in homeroom say that your mom has been really sick. And I just wanted to say that like, if that’s why you’re sad, I’m really sorry.

I know it’s not my fault that your mom is sick or anything but I feel kind of bad because I always look over your shoulder and I get annoyed with your hearts and like - that probably isn’t really fair of me, because. If my mom was sick, I would want to be able to draw whatever I want. So.

I guess what I’m saying is that. Like. I guess we probably aren’t going to be friends. Or something. I mean. You’re the girl that sits in front of me in biology.

But. I just want you to know that I noticed in class today that you look kind of sad. So. I hope that girl that I see you sit with on the school bus sometimes is on the bus today because you kind of look like you could use someone to talk to.

So.

So that’s like. All.
© Copyright 2007 Lauren (lsmcg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1347625-Girl-That-Sits-in-Front-of-Me