*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1348271-The-menaing-of-success
Rated: E · Article · Educational · #1348271
Find the meaning of success
The Meaning of Success & How to get it

What is Success?
People have successful in a number of ways. Some have been born rich or powerful and influential .A lot of them has become successful by sheer personal efforts. There are others on whom success have been thrust upon.
 Who are the really successful ones?

1. If a person is born as the Prince of Wales, and if he, later by his birth right, become the king can we say he is success?
2. If someone inherits a fortune, say a billion dollars, is that success?

3. If a prime minister or a minister, by hook or crook enthrones his son or daughter in that position is he/her really successful?

4. If a lady is born a beauty like say, the former Miss World, Aiswarya Rai is that real success?
5. If a lady, like Latha Mangheskar, whose inborn, heavenly voice enthralled millions is she a real success?
6. There are so many Hollywood and Bollywood stars that got a chance first simply because of their stunning looks. Later they become ‘big heroes’. Are they truly successful?
If someone is born the Prince of Wales he is automatically the next king. He did not merit his elevated position and therefore he cannot be called a success at all. The world may be treating him like a powerful man and unfolding a red carpet before him anywhere he goes, but he does not merit any such adulation. But if he devotes his life for the good of the society, he is to be given credit in proportion to what he does. The criteria for his assessment should be much sterner as he is born in a privileged class.
In India the sons of the legendary industrialist Dhirubhai Ambani has bequeathed a huge business empire worth thousand of millions of rupees to each one of his sons. Nobody will give credit to the sons for becoming heir to that fortune. But if they become great industrialists or successful on their own, yes, they deserve merit. That they were born as billionaire’s sons is not their mistake. Anyone should be doubly careful before labeling such fortunate ones successful. How many people get such a background and such a foresighted father?

In many countries sons and daughters of the presidents or prime ministers come to occupy their father’s position rather effortlessly. In India there are so many examples. A simple pilot son of a prime minister later assumed the country’s chief executive’s post. The people simply wanted him and no other person even though there were many capable and experienced leaders available for them to choose from. In the United States, at a much lesser frequency, politician sons of former presidents do come to their fathers’ chair, but mostly because of their own merit. In these cases, it is the people who have to decide whether they are a success or not. They should be given credit to what they did as the chief executive of the nation. If they were immature or shortsighted or parochial in their vision and decisions the world will not spare them. And of course their favorable, heredity and environment should be given due consideration before they are given pass marks. How many get such a good hereditary and environmental combination?
In the case of the beauty queens and all we should understand it is not their fault that they are blessed with a beautiful face and a suitable body frame. They have to toil a lot to reach the top. They have to struggle-diet, exercise, forgo favorite foods, be under strict mental and physical discipline for long, be well-read and practice body language for long before they are even selected in the national contest. I think they do merit high marks in the scale of success.
Well, many of you are not blessed with that sort of a face or body, but you will have adequate talents to come up or prosper in other fields of in own right.
It is true that without her heavenly voice Latha is no Latha. She cannot then enthrall the millions as she has been doing. But she must have had practiced for quite sometime and did a lot of hard work to sing so many songs. Well, here the inherent talent outweighs anything else. But do give marks for her toil, hard work and persistence.
In the case of the Hollywood and Bollywood stars, I do agree that a suitable face and body help them to get selected first.. But they must have toiled hard to get a screen test and suffer all humiliation before they could come to be the real big ones.
There are so many who are stunningly beautiful and yet pass off unknown, unsung and unheard off. Why? Perhaps they did not try. Or still, they did not have a right connection or introduction. You can be sure after the initial, favourable opening the real rise is very mush dependent on their toil, persistence, right judgment, and the careful cultivation of a public image and so on. They do deserve some marks.

What about the ordinary people who may not have inherited either a political or a financial legacy or a heavenly voice or a photogenic body?






Each one of you can succeed!
Each one of you has all the required inherent talents to succeed.
It may be true that all of us cannot be at the very top during the same time. But there are enough vacant vantage positions always.
Anyone can occupy them any time.




As we will see shortly, all of us have the necessary resources to succeed. There are no ideal circumstances. There is no specific conducive environment. There is no ‘right time.’
If you are waiting for the opportune time, you will go on waiting and the right time will never come. Every moment is good for anything.
A majority of the successful people have come up fighting back adversities. The successful ones turn negative into positive, adversity into advantage, stumbling blocks into stepping stones.
The vast majorities of those who fail accept their lot as inevitable and surrender themselves. If fate determines one’s life what is the point in trying?
They expect poverty, hardships, sickness and suffering. Their attitudes are suicidal, their beliefs fatalistic. They simply seal their own fate.
As mentioned before,
 It could be true that their attitudes and poverty programming have been passed on to them by their homes, traditional beliefs and cultural backgrounds.

 Does it mean that we have to stick with the fatalistic belief system and the negative attitudes?

 Of course we can change them. As adults, we are responsible for what we believe and for our attitudes. We blame everyone and everything but ourselves. It is up to us to choose the correct beliefs and attitudes. This implies that as adults we have to take responsibility for our attitudes and hence our actions.

It is easy to blame one’s poverty, poor circumstances and lack of education and so on for one’s failures.





We have been lucky enough to have been born and to enjoy this wonderful life. We have been lucky enough to have an unimpaired brain and all our senses intact. We are not crippled in any way too.
 How many are that lucky?
 Let us concentrate on what we have and forget about that which we do not have.
 For, what we have is more then sufficient to make ourselves successful.

 Let us count on our blessings and ignore our wants. Remember, you have enough to succeed. But if you go to your grave with the music still intact, our endowments simply go waste.

 How to become easily successful?

 We can easily become successful if we model the successful people.

 We have to choose a successful person in a filed we want to pursue.

 We have to identify their qualities, their beliefs, goals, vision, what they read, how they lived, how they spent their free time, their relationships with their dear ones and so on.

 Model him in all the aspects. Think like him, act and dress like him read the books he read and cultivate similar friends.

 Focus your mind like he did and pursue your goal like he did. You will soon become successful like him.

Nothing worthwhile comes without a struggle, without making mistakes. Every successful people have made mistakes. As, Theodore Roosevelt says,
“The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything.”
The more successful you want, the more mistakes you will make.

You should attune your thoughts, emotions and feelings to your goal. Believe it in your heart and in your soul. Then it will manifest itself. There is no need for the misconception that you have to earn it by hard work or by doing good to others and so on.
Everything happens due to you mental vibrations emanating from your beliefs and expectations.
© Copyright 2007 professorguru (professorguru at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1348271-The-menaing-of-success