*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1348542-Wolfy-Payback
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1348542
Johnny gets some payback.
Johnny groaned as the bullies pummelled him. They laughed horribly as he twitched and curled up. Blood ran freely down his now-broken nose and the numerous cuts and scrapes on his arms and legs. His once nice black T-shirt and well-worn jeans were torn and bloodied and his glasses lay shattered on the ground.
Johnny raised his arms in a feeble attempt to ward off the blows to his face and neck, causing the thugs to laugh even harder and kick him in the gut a few times. One of the largest bullies leaned down and leered in his face, displaying his yellow teeth and large amount of acne.
"That'll teach ya'," the leering giant croaked out, "Bring the money next time and maybe we won't kick the crap outta ya' again."
Johnny groaned in response, causing another wave of laughter to go through the bullies. They all spit on Johnny and started walking away, laughing and knocking each other around. Through his blurry eyes, Johnny saw a fuzzy white blob, the full moon, rise into the night sky. His cracked and split lips widened into a grin and he started to laugh. As he laughed, he shakily got to his feet and wiped the blood and sweat out of his eyes.
But as Johnny moved his hand, something about his eyes were different. Instead of being a soft hazel color, they were liquid gold! And as the moonlight shined on his battered body, other parts of him started to change. His nails elongated into thick and deadly sharp claws. Coarse black hair sprouted all over his body and his ears grew out to points. He grew several feet taller and was slightly hunched over. His teeth grew out to gleaming, sharp points.
He threw his head back and let out a triumphant howl to the night sky. As he lowered his head, other amber and gold colored eyes stared back at him from the bushes and trees. Johnny's upper lips curled back into a toothy smile and he turned to the terrified thugs staring at him with wide eyes.
Payback time.
© Copyright 2007 Lonely Wolf (codais at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1348542-Wolfy-Payback