*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1349735-Raven
by Seisan
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1349735
A story about an assasin who inenvertantly causes the destruction of his homeland
( This is just a sample. If you want the whole story, please leave comments. Thanks!)

A light snow was falling in the capital Valrya. Raven, the assasin, was atop the watch tower in the center of town. Raven was a slim 5'8" male wearing a black cloak, black gloves, black leather boots, black jerkin, and black breeches. His face was covered with a black cloth so that only his bright blue eyes were showing. Beneath his cloak was a concealed scimitar, longbow, and two daggers in wrist sheaths.

Raven was diligently watching the main gate; waiting for his target. Finally, the gate swung open and twenty horsemen rode through. At their head was Captain Seldon; Raven's target. Raven had been told that the captain would be rest at the officer's barracks before leaving in the morning so Raven would have to act now. Raven slid off his perch onto a woden beam jutting from the tower and slid down the rope he used to climb the tower. Raven had to quickly make his way to the barracks before his opportunity was lost.

Raven sneaked through the city streets; avoiding any lights or sentrys along the way.He made his way through several alley ways and accross many rooftops before his target was finally within sight once more. He positioned himself atop the roof of a house, knealt down into the snow, and waited.

Captain Seldon only had one guard with him and there was no one else close enough to see them. This was the perfect opportunity for the assasination. Raven dug out a gold coin from his pouch and flipped it into the air. The coin landed noiselessly onto the snow right in the captain's path. Captain Seldon didn't notice the coin, but his guard bent down to pick it up. Raven flicked his wrists so his daggers fell into his hands and he leaped off the roof. Raven expertly landed between the guard and Captain Seldon barely making a sound. The guard looked up instantly and the captain turned his head to see. Raven could only smile as he spun in a full circle and sliced open both men's throats. Both men died without so much as a gurgle as their blood seeped into the snow and painted it red. Raven sheathed both his daggers and bent down to tear off Captain Seldon's insignia. Now Raven only had to return the insignia to his contracter and he would be paid. If only Raven really knew what he had gotten himself into.
© Copyright 2007 Seisan (seisan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1349735-Raven