*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1352461-Squirrels-Are-Agents-of-the-Devil
Rated: E · Essay · Animal · #1352461
A brief look at the life of a dog one morning.
    I'm lying here in my favorite chair watching out the front window at our great Magnolia tree.  I can see the swiping grey tail like a target and something in my soul stirs and I pick my head up to get a better look.  He is out there, barking at me, howling at me, laughing at me...

    I stand up in my chair as the hair on the back of my neck starts to rise...

    "GO AWAY!" I should out to the menace.  "GO AWAY, GO AWAY, GO AWAY!"

    Of course, he doesn't listen through the glass, but I don't care.  I am only doing this for my own self satisfaction.

    After a few minutes of this, he finally flits off across the yard and toward the other house.  Toward the Duo.

    Idiot, I think to myself.  He has no idea what he's getting hemself into.  Those two maniacs will tear him limb from limb and spit out the bones.  Oh, how I'd love to be there.

    The cats that live next door - I call them the Duo - they make me nervous.  Long hair and attitudes that match, they make most house cats look like simpletons.

    They have been known to tear people up.  They have sent their owners to the hospital, left gifts at front doors of rat or squirrel apendages and have even been known to scare off the occasional dog or two.  They can scrap with each other for hours and God help anyone (or anything) that dares wander into their territory when both are around.
© Copyright 2007 Bruce Kelly (bak8726 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1352461-Squirrels-Are-Agents-of-the-Devil