*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1352779-Story-written-when-young
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1352779
I wrote this story when I was twelve years old.
The Final Infinity
The World.
The World has collapsed.
2004 Year: Ultimate

                                                           PART 1: Infinity

Jack stood atop the hill, hands fully into his jacket pockets, unzipped, old loose jeans hanging down, old shoes tied up tight. Ahead, through the small woods, about a mile away, was the City. They called it Infinity. It was the largest city in the world, and one of the last. The blue glacier buildings stood like long rays of light firing into the sky. He could see the smaller ones exploding with flashing lights and small cubes which were gravity modifiers, or a newer kind of elevator. It could blow you to the top of a building in .7 seconds, you feeling nothing. They were literally gravity modifiers. Jack lived in an destroyed apartment on top of a hill which overlooked the city, and it was the last of it's kind. In 1996 they began to bomb the cities. An army called the Infinites were the cause of this. They attacked everything in their way, using Ultra Tanks, OZ and machine guns. As the armies came through, more and more joined. Within the years of 1997 and 1998 the Infinites army population rose from 3,026 to 8,456. But still new soldier recruits came in, going into battle immediately. They stormed through every city, their numbers spreading like wildfire. Nobody was safe from their attacks. Rebels joined forces and took out a lot of their population, lowering it from 8,456 to about 7,024. The war between the rebels, who called themselves Universals, and Infinites, raged for four years. It actually started in 1997, but the warning didn't come till 1998, where broadcasting of the war began. It finally ended in 2002. They called it Year: Earth. The Universal stayed highly populated, but lost the war against the Infinites. It was in 2003 when the finally took over, building the City of Infinity. The city's population rose from 11,379 to a high number of 19,893. The cause of the high population was one, because no one had a place to go after the war, and the infertility problem. This problem increased in 2001. Every women was having such a problem getting pregnant. Everyone thought the population would drop and send us into extinction, until a new "wonder drug" appeared in 2002. The problem with the drug was that it gave a women too many babies than wanted. A women once had twelve babies within two days. Since the population rose, it gave the Infinites another chance to rise higher, which it did. They now swarmed Infinity throughout days and nights, spreading new rules through out. In 2004, the city became extremely dangerous, from the rage the soldiers brought. Strikes, battles, looting, explosions and violence struck all over. This fell the city's population, but it still went on throughout. It was the most dangerous city in the world.

The president had declared the world, "collapsed". The final picture of Earth was taken from space, and it showed that the Earth had lost it's beautiful color. China was devastated when they learned they would go extinct from their child birth rules. There would only be one child per family, and in 1999, the US would not give up the "wonder drug" for pregnancies. China's population was at stake of 9,327. The population of men was 8,962. China flew into chaos, sending many Chinese Universals over seas. They struck war against the President, losing to the Infinites who destroyed their entire army in 2001.

Jack's father had been a Universal. He joined in 1996, and was killed in a large gas explosion during the war in 2001. His mother had been a scientist for the "wonder drug" product, but he lost her in a large strike which strangely formed up on top of the hill, and moved it's way down to the city, where an explosion hit, and by Jack's calculations mother was probably dead. The only other person in his family alive, was his brother, John. John was owner of the Wires, people who conducted experiments trying to fix the world. Jack had always wondered of traveling to the city and meeting his brother, but he knew it was too dangerous. If a soldier found out he had no parents, he would be killed. There was a law against the homeless and children with no parents. They would not allow, they said it was a waste of space in the city, because they would just wander and have no use. They ordered to shoot if a child had no living parents or right id. They wouldn't even still a second. They check for id, than blow a bullet through his brain. But it was safe in his dreams. But why couldn't the dream be real? Why couldn't he someone sneak into the city... dodge any kind of soldier, than find his brother. Would it be that simple? He wondered for awhile, and went back inside. He sated around, at he destroyed rumble of couches, tables and chairs. A staircase went up into each floor. He began to slowly make his way up to the second floor.

Humans throughout the world battled and fought for land. Four nuclear wars had started near the US, the US afraid they would be hit. For awhile they were afraid to even step outside, until the final missile was shot. In 2003 better trained recruits of Infinites had taken place of the others. They were stronger, meaner and better at gunpoint. They gave way towards destroying Infinity, destroying three towers and all of the older buildings, which were not approved by Nascarf, the Infinites ruler. Strike occurrences had risen totally after this, especially after the destruction of many churches throughout the country.

Humans were advanced. In 1988, a miracle they called it, happened. The human minds boosted up quiet a ways in the next generation. Many with such a gift became scientists known as the Gods. They created all the technology they had. Gravity modifiers, cyclones, the buildings for Infinity, and Raptors, flying cars. There were only some Raptores, only fifteen in Infinity. They hovered about seventeen feet off the ground, and took much longer to start than a normal car, and cost double the price. The newer cars they had all contained touch screen functions, like starting the car, and symbols on the windshield which would tell you to slow down, the cars damage, speed limit of the street, etc. The advancement, which the Gods measured in IQ, said that in the last generation, the normal IQ for a normal human being was 160. But than, in the next generation, it rose from that to 220. They said it would happen somehow, and sometime, but not in such an old time frame. It was like inventing a car in the 1600s. It just wasn't right. That's what the Wire's largest question: Why had it not happened in the far future?

September, 23, 2004

Jack fumbled through old newspapers at his desk. Today was his birthday. He was exactly fifteen. Old enough to drive without a parent. Since the IQ of a human had strangely Rosen, the age limit to driving was set as, at twelve to fourteen, you were aloud to drive, but with a parent. Then, at fifteen you were free to go. The newspapers talked all about political problems that happened awhile back. When he saw something boring, he would just flip it to the floor. It wasn't his room anyway. And, the other reason was nobody else lived in the apartment, except for a bunch of homeless rebels living at the bottom floors. He finally just decided to stop and rest for the night. He walked up another flight of stairs, looking at the peeling orange wall paper, which used to be so nice and shiny, until the Infinites. The stairs creaked at every step, and he could here the piping drip and drain through the walls, not into the sewers. Every time he flushed, the drain would just fill into the basement, god knows what would happen if he opened the basement door. He could imagine himself opening it, and a huge wave of----- CRACK! The stair Jack was on broke and shattered all over. His leg quickly slipped into it. A pulsing pain filed up his leg towards his stomach. "Augghg!" He scream. His hands touched the leg that fell in, while his other was kneeled. He slowly and painfully, lifted himself out of the hole he had just made. His leg had a bunch of small cuts in which blood slowly poured out of. He stomped. Terrified, for if he had done it any harder, all the wood below would crumble. He slowly made his way up, opened his room door, and fell into his bed.

A ray of light came through the window and fell on Jack's face. He slowly opened his eyes and sat up. There was blood all over his bed, but at least his leg was done bleeding. He pounded his fist on the bed. Today. Today was the day he ventured into Infinity. He was done living in this crummy place. But first, he needed a plan. He dressed up, all his excitement piled in his chest. He mad his way down the stairs to first floor and looked out the window. He his darted way to way, trying to figure out a way to sneak into Infinity. Finally, his eyes stopped on a three foot high cement cylinder about three feet wide sticking out of the ground. The drains. Behind the apartment was the polluted creek in which the sewage drained. So, if he could go to the opposite direction, (towards Infinity), he could sneak past security and pop out inside the city. But he had to be careful. If he popped out into the open, everyone would see, and he'd be shot. He grabbed the door knob, and made his way outside,

The manhole was heavy, rusted metal it was, he hurt his hands. He quickly looked at his hands to see of there were any cuts. Relieved there wasn't, he stared down into darkness. A metal ladder went down into the drains. Cobwebs near the sides made him almost turn around, but he needed to go. He turned himself around, putting his right food on the first ladder step.

He finally reached the murky bottom. His head almost touched the damp top of the cement drain. The water there was about four feet high. He splashed his way forward, his legs trembling, hoping, just hoping, something wouldn't grab his leg in the dark water. He kept feeling this way, jumping towards a ladder anytime he could, crawling a few feet up, being Relieved. He was a while in, warm water making him feel weird. Something brushed against his leg. He screamed like and attacked bird and fell back, totally submerged. He blew to the top, eyes wide. He began to run. Running, water splashing up to his face. Running through a partly lighted drain, his hands waving in the air. It was about a half hour in the drain he stopped at a manhole ladder, in which above he heard voices, but not near the drain, a distance off. He began to slowly climb up. He reached the top, light touching his face. He pushed the manhole cover slowly open and peered out. He seemed to be in a destroyed park. Foxholes lay around where swings had been. With a jolt of excitment, he pushed the heavy metal over, and came out, into Infinity.

He looked around, stunned. The buildings were enormous. There was lots of shouting going on and old papers were everywhere. They flew around, blowing around on the ground. He began to run through them, totally exited. He maneuvered through the alleyway of two building and came out into the street. It was chaotic. So much people. There was paper all around, thousands of people all around, yelling, screaming, chatting, trading, just walk around, going in and out of buildings. Further off, people were holding up sighs and shouting into the crowd. The ones without sighs throwing their fist into the air. He was amazed. A huge noise came right above his head, and a gust of air. The first thing he did was cover his head. He looked at what he enemy was, bewildered. Two Raptores had flow over head. He slowly moved his hands away from his head, and slowly stood up. Than, in sudden horror, he saw soldiers. Two of them, six feet away. His heart felt cold in fear. He could barely move his arm. Had they seen him come out of the drain? He began to move his way through the crowd. "Excuse me. Please, move. Hey." He said, slithering through people. Smoke began to arise from broken down buildings in the distance. There was so many people all around. He finally found some room by the sidewalk. He looked around, mesmerized by the large buildings and the Raptores flying off in the distance. What if he got his hands on a Raptore? He never really though about it before, and if he had, it would end with him crashing. The things soared low in the sky like little planes with car wheels and roll down windows. He than began to walk forward into the street. An electric sign glowed above his head and said Floran 102 Street. He decided to go down that street to see if there was a map. He stuck his hands in his pockets and began to walk.

This part of the street was strange. It was a little disastrous. There were some old foxholes and scattered bricks all around. A couple yards on the other side of the street, a strike was starting up. People with ragged clothes were shouting, holding up cardboard sighs and throwing their fist in the air, until it hit. A gunshot. It sounded as if there was a thousand balloons being popped at once. He screeched and covered his ears. Smoke was rising near the strike group, and people were falling. They were being shot at! Soldiers began to appear from the sides of the buildings guns aimed directly at the group. They scattered around the street, dropping their sighs. A man began to run towards a fox hole but when shot right in the side. He screeched and sunk deep into the hole, blood still left on the ground. The firing was still going on, smoke rising up from the ground where the soldiers missed. Jack began to run and jumped behind a bunch of rocks, covering his head. There was pain from the leap had just made, but at least he wasn't shot. Bullets scattered over the rocks, making dust fly all over his face. Three men jumped behind the rocks crushing him. One yelp as he was blown in the back of the head. Jack clawed his way up out of the huddle. Soldiers were right behind. He came to the opposite side of the rocks, gasping for air. The strike was still going on. He got to his knees and saw a car coming down the road. He quickly got up and strode towards the car. The window came down and a man stuck his head out. "Get in kid! Hurry!" He yelled over the firing. Jack came to the side of the car, opened the door, and slipped in. A huge rock came from nowhere and hit the window. Jack yelled. The car sped up. Soldiers began to chase the car, yelping and shooting at it. Bullets shattered the back window. A short, quick soldier  began to catch up. He ran ahead of the group, fury in his eyes. His hard hat flew off and he ran to the side of the car. "Freeze! Slow down!" He screamed, pulling out a pistol. He pointed it at Jack, still running. The man was fast. He had good sized muscles, which could be seen because the army suit was cut, and it was easy for him to run because of his worn down boots. He was about to fire, until the car quickly turned in a shrill violent U turn, knocking him over. Jack heard a quick gunshot go off. He screamed in pain, rising slowly, staggering. The man stepped on the peddle, and charged the car forward, running him over. The car made a large thump, and started going in the opposite direction, towards the soldiers. The soldiers appeared again, not firing. Their minds quickly changed when they knew they were about to be crushed. They began firing and jumping out of the way. Jack was as low as possible in the seat. The entire window was gone from the bullets. The warning sign was beeping on the windshield of the car. The sounds of soldiers carried off and got quiet. Finally they stopped and slowly got out. A bunch of people stared at them, and went back to their business. The man Jack hopped the car with was this short guy with messed dark hair and thick glasses. "Wow, what an adventure..." he said, putting his hand on the destroyed car. "Um--- thanks for helping me." Jack said shakily. "Your very welcome. I also might as well introduce myself. My name is Simon, and you are?" "Oh-- um my name is Jack" Jack said. "Ahh.. that’s a nice name." He said. He looked around. "Well, since were introduced, you may as well tell me what you were doing over there?" Simon asked. "Well----" Jack didn't know what to tell him. What if he was undercover. But, he couldn't have been, he had run from the soldiers. "I---- was, trying to find my brother." Simon laughed. "Well, you've come to the right man! I'd be glad to take you to him!" "Well, I'm not sure where he lives, but I know he's part of the Wire group. "Aha! That's at the fire side of the city, hidden away. It's about six miles." Simon said. "But we must rest. It will be dark soon." They both got in Simon's car and began to drive again. Many people were gathered around the streets, circled around a large fire, chanting. Each held dangerous tools like saws, axes and pitchforks, slashing them in the air, chanting at the fire. A couple soldiers stood around watching, guns ready to fire. One of the soldiers carried an OZ. An OZ was a small gun that, when fired, killed an entire area, without a sound. What it did was send shockwaves through the air, shocking everyone, than giving them a quick and deadly heart attack. The group faded away as the car pulled on forward.

They arrived at a small old brick houses, chimney smoking up. Jack got out and took a look. The house was totally made of bricks, and vines grew all around the sides. A wooden, damp fence stood around the yard. Simon led him past the fence, where there was just broken fence where a bomb had hit, and led him up to the front porch, but, there was no door. "This is my place." Simon said, making a hand gesture towards it. "Well, how do we get in?" Jack asked. An old ladder went up to the window. "We must climb our way up the ladder." He said, and took a step up. Jack was a little nervous of crawling up this thing, but, since Simon probably did weigh more, if it held him, it would hold him. They final got safely through the shattered window. All there was a homemade fire place, two beds, a homemade stove, and clothesline with old clothes on it, which was nailed across the room. "Yap, this is where I live." He said, jumping on one of the beds. He pointed to the other. "You can sleep there." He said, pointing. Jack went over, took off his shoes, and crawled into the cold blankets. It was a long night, but Jack slept for about seven hours, just an hour less than he would usually sleep. There was faint yelling going around the streets the whole night.

A gunshot awoke Jack. "Hurry!" Simon was shaking him. "We must go! There’s a battle going on!" Jack was so surprised he leaped out of the bed. They hurried to the window, Simon first, and began to climb down. Before going the last few steps, they decided to jump. A small shrill of pain shot up Jack's ankle. He limped of couple of steps and felt alright. He looked in the street. Smoke was rising all over. People were firing guns all over, non stop. There were corpses lying all over from a fire that must of happened. In the center was a group of strikers, lifted up wooden sighs over their heads, yelling and chanting words. Simon started up the car as Jack got in. The car began to roll off the grass, through the fence, sending wood into the air, and finally rolled on to the street. An OZ was fired somewhere and Jack saw a group of people quickly fall to the ground. Bullets began to the headlights of the car. "Get down!" Simon yelled. Jack covered his head. Soldiers near a pile of rubbel began firing at their enemies. People near the soldiers held up sign that said, "Infinity means forever!" A soldier was struck in the head by a bullet. The other soldiers got on their stomachs, and a small explosion hit near them. Dark dirt arose to the sky. Screams grew all around. Simon sped up the car and was now a distance away. They drove and drove until Simon pulled the car over near a muddy deserted place. All there was old rocks and cement, sticking out of the ground like hands. An old tire lay a couple yards ahead. "Are you alright?" He asked Jack. "I'm fine." Jack said.

"What's the story of this place?" Jack asked Simon. "The story? Well... There’s not much to it. I mean, we all know that this is the only city on Earth." Simon said, staring off. "Does that mean the people of this city are the last oh the human race left on Earth?" Jack asked. Simon chuckled. "Oh, no! Of course not! This still people left from the attacks, still living in the ruins of those cities. This is, the last, well, full city on Earth." Simon said. "Well, how could we restore the other cities?" Jack asked. "Well, we probably could... it take some time, but we could do it. But you see, the soldiers, and their ruler, Nascarf, only want their city. If another city would try to be built, they would quickly destroy it. And the thing is, this cities already falling apart." "So, your kind of saying, if someone defeated the soldiers and Nascarf, we could save the world?" Simon stared for a moment quiet. "That's... that’s... right." He said, looking a little surprised. "But we couldn't do it on our own--- "So we should attack the soldiers? "Well, of course---- I mean, they are so powerful, and so ready for attacks that--- "But if we sneaked on them, or maybe, or —“ "Killed Nascarf?" Simon said, Jack going silent. A strange feeling went in Jack's throat. "Would it--- "It's the only leader they have. If he were killed, they would be done. They would fight for the country. Infinites used to be our weapon. They called them marines, and things like these. They fought for us!" "So, their kind of brainwashed by his rulings? "Of course!" "But would we have to actually, you know--- k-- "Definite." Simon said, ending the conversation. There was a long silence. Some yells were off in the distance. People began to appear, chanting and yelling, littering, and running around. "But, it couldn't just be us. We would need help--- "Your brother. Him and the Wires. And the Universals!" The idea was strange, but could work. "But first, we need to find your brother." Simon said. "That’s right!" Jack said. They both turned towards the car, the thundering of gunshots close to them.

                                                                     PART 2: The Wires

"How far is it from here?" Jack asked Simon, the car maneuvering through the crowded streets. "Two more miles from here. When we get there, we must find your brother, and than talk to the Universals, who live underground." Simon said. "Wait, what do you mean underground? Like... in the sewers?" "Well, if you call it that. Under Infinity, there are old sets of pipes, which drain the water. Right under the Wire's hideout, there is an unused main drainage system, which is, actually, quiet large." There was a quick moment of silence. "That's how I got into the city. Through the pipes, or drains." Jack said. "Wow! Did you see any of em down there?" Simon asked. "Well, no, this drain had large currents of water. It was definently used." "Oh. So you really got past security that way? "Well, yeah, I guess. "That's excellent! To bad There’s no drains under Nascarf's hideout. When Infinity was built, they forbid any kind of drain near him. To get in, we'll have to put a fight against the Infinites. "We could have a group, and an order, like the Univer------ " An sheer explosion hit right by the car. It swerved, Simon yelling, slamming the breaks. The car blew over three people who were unluckily in the way. There were screams and a quick "thump" when the car went over them. Simon was able to stop the car right before going into a foxhole. His right hand was bleeding. "I... think... I-I was...sh-ot!" He said in pain, glancing at his hand. There was a bullet hole through the window. "Oh god! We need to get out of the car! Somebody has an OZ!" Jack screamed. They both quickly got out of the car, and painfully dived into the foxhole. Jack peered up. A soldier had an OZ right in the middle of the street. He pulled the trigger. There was a burst of light around, than painful screams, and many went down, others running. Soldiers began firing all over. "Freeze!" They were yelling. Since the OZ was out, Jack slowly crawled out of the hole. He slowly arose, glancing at each soldier. To his horror, the soldier they had run over a time before, was staring at him, gun aimed and load, six feet away by a pile of rubble. "Freeze! Your under arrest! Move and I'll kill you!" He said, coking the gun. Jack was frozen in place. "I know your friends down there!" He motioned towards the hole. Simon slowly crawled out. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" He said. "Shut up and put your hands up!" Simon did so. The soldier shot out all four of their tires. The gas blew out with small squeaky noises, until they were totally flat. "Nobody's going anywhere!" Screams and shots were head all over. "Please, just let us g---- "I said shut up!" He yelled, firing the pistol upward, "I'll blow your head off!" A small bomb hit near the soldier, making him quickly turn towards it, and begin firing. "Now! Now!" Simon screamed. They began running up the street. The soldier turned quickly and saw his victims getting away. "You bastards! I'm going to kill you! "We must go!" Jack yelled. The soldier began firing numerous shots. He was yelling at the top of his lungs. Simon stopped for a moment. They were at a three way intersection. A couple yards ahead, was a small cube building, old and worn-out. "The Wire hideout." Simon pointed.

It took them a couple minutes to walk, but they finally got to the building. It was an old unused building, made of ancient bricks which sagged and were full of creeping vines. An old wooden door had old damp holes all through out it, and in the right side was a silver door knob. Simon walked up to the door and opened it. Jack came up behind and peered into. People. People everywhere. All chatting or working on ancient computer software. They both slowly walked in. Somebody turned towards them. "Hey!" He shouted, pulling a gun. "We come in peace! We won't hurt you!" Simon yelled, raising his arms. "You know your in Wire territory now, don't you." The man said slowly. "We know! This is exactly why we came "What for? "Were looking for a man named John." Everyone was quiet now. They all stared. A young looking man came down the stares, staring at them both. "Can I help you?" He asked. Simon cleared his throat. "We...we... need all of you, and your group of rebels." Simon said. "Oh, and what for?" "We must worked together and defeat Nascarf!" Simon said. "I am Simon and this is, er, your...brother, Jack." John stared. "Jack!" He exclaimed running over and hugging him. "I've been waiting so long to meet you! "Uh, yes, you too." Jack said. "We all need to get to Nascarf, defeat his guards, and well, kill him, so our cities can be restored." Simon said. John looked around. "But how, we have such weak numbers. They kill us all. "Not if we have the Universals with us." Simon said.  "But the Universals are within the pipes! We don't know even if there still alive. We've given them all the food we have!" John said. "Their still alive. That's a definite." Jack said.

"Weapons.... we'll need all the weapons we have." Simon said, in the center of the circle of Universals. Each had a knife, gun or long broad stick. "We got weapons." A fierce looking Universal said. "We'll all stay in a line. Us Universals first. We'll take down the soldiers. The Wires can come in after, disable security alarms, and... kill Nascarf!" They all cheered around Simon. "This will not be easy he said. This will be the hardest thing you do in your life! Some of you will die! Others will live! But we must still work together, and we may achieve our goal!" They all bowed their head. "We go tomorrow. There’s not enough time to waste. Up we go!" Each made way through the murky drains, through the puddles of water, and up the manhole ladders.

                                                           Part Three: The War
October 2, 2004

It was today. The battle that could change the world.

The enormous group traveled down the streets, chatting about what they would encounter very soon. Jack was near the back, a club in his hand, nervousness in his stomach. Three Raptores flew over head. They drifted off down the city. Soldiers watched behind destroyed rumbles of buildings, watching for a strike to happen. But, it wouldn't be a strike, but a war. They walked on, turning streets through the collapsing city. Finally, in the distance, was Nascarf's Tower.

"Ready!" Leaders yelled. "Ready!" The group repeated, clutching their weapons. They were only so far from the tower. "It's now or never! GO!" He yelled. They charged forward. Running. Running right in the center of the street. "Come on!" They were yelling. Charging they were, right in front of a large group of soldiers.

The collision was terrible. So many were hit in the first strike. Bullets were flying all over. Grenades were being thrown through the air. Jack had him self behind a huge stone from and old building, were bullets clattered of it. The Universals began moving their way forward, fiercely being shot at. Four Wires were already dead. Screams and shouts were all over. "Come on!" Someone yelled. Someone was hit by two bullets. The weapon flew right out of their hand and their head jerked backwards. They quickly fell to the ground. Jack slowly arose, staring forward. The fence was destroyed. If he made his way through the rubble, he could go in, and kill Nascarf. After a huge grenade hit, he quickly made his way through the smoke unseen. He dives behind a metal hedgehog near the side of the road. He clutched it, gasping for breathe. "Go! Go! Beyond the fence!" A man yelled, pointing. His head was quickly blown of, blood splintering all over the road. Jack screamed in terror. So many gunshots. From a mist, a grenade dropped in front of him. His heart stopped, thinking it had been pulled, but quickly began beating again once he knew it wasn't. He picked it up and examined it. It was heavy, and would be the perfect distraction for him to get in. Without thing, he pulled the tag, and threw it. At ground contact, it exploded. He ran through the dust and dirt it created, spinning, and crossed over the destroyed fence. He came up and met with Simon and others huddled by the steps. Simon had bandaged his right hand from the shot he got a while back, yelling to Jack, "Go! Your our last hope!" Simon handed Jack the pistol. "Go!" He yelled. Without thinking or stalling, Jack ran through the doors.

Jack shot Nascarf. He was so close to missing. The gun was so powerful it fell out of Jack's hands. The bullet hit his right shoulder. Nascarf screamed and fell back, dying in the middle of the floor. Shots still thundered outside. Explosions shook the ground. Jack ran through the doors, down the stairs, and outside. Bodies lay all over. "Get down!" Someone screamed. A bomb hit a couple yards away. Jack dived off the steps and onto the ground. He covered his head.

I hope this ends. I hope they walk into the room and find their leader dead. I just hope.
Please.

Jack slowly arose, and looked at himself. There was blood all over him. He had not been shot though. He looked out. The street was clear and crumbled. The towers rose like ancient temples. A Raptore flew by in the distance. This was Infinity. The buildings began to burst and crumble to the ground. Each in a straight line. Infinity had collapsed.

Finally, on his knees, Jack was shot.
There was a hard piercing pain. He yelled in pain and anger. How had he been so careless? His whole body fell over. His arms spread out in front of him. He collapsed.

Somewhere, way far out from Infinity, so small and unknown, far out into the depths of the US, a city was being born.

                                       Epilogue: 2006: YEAR SAVIORS

It took two years before the next city being built was finally declared a city. They mostly called it Savior, but it’s title was “Shallow Sky”. It sat upon a large hill near the center of the United States. Shallow Sky was first a secret city building organization called “The illegal’s.” The started building the city in 2004, and after the battle between the Universals and Infinites, the city could be fully built because the soldiers could not follow the orders anymore. The city was nothing like Infinity, which had fully collapsed in 2005. Shallow Sky was built with an older setting, brick buildings, wooden houses, some skyscrapers and main buildings built the way they were used to, before the Gods and Infinites.

Walking into the city, was group of bandaged and ragged clothe people, all led by three men. The group entering the city, smiles on their faces.

A Raptore drifted off through the sky, sailing past a large blue skyscraper.



© Copyright 2007 GreyWolfe (mooshterahoo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1352779-Story-written-when-young