*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1354334-Halloween-a-Night-of-Fright
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Column · Other · #1354334
A newsletter from ListAfterList.com
Greetings Listers!

Boo! Scare ya? I sure hope not, But if so, it’s probably because everyone has become a scaredy-cat wuss lately. Now, I understand that everyone is afraid of something. But that is no reason for the recent evolution of my favorite holiday, Halloween! I hate that Halloween has moved from being a night-of-fright to a day-of-hilarity. It sounds dumb, but it’s true. Doesn’t it seem like everyone wants to be funny on Halloween now? I don’t get it! There is a reason Halloween is Halloween. Don’t you know the history behind it? It is not a day to look silly and make people laugh. That is called April Fools Day! And it’s not necessarily an excuse to look like a whore (though I have no problem with a slutty witch or hunky devil). Dressing like a horny schoolgirl or French maid is for Valentine’s Day (or a lucky night in a man’s love life). Halloween is a day to scare the crap out of people! There is a reason why Hollywood releases every “Saw” horror movie around Halloween annually, and movies starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore come out in the Spring. Even on ListAfterList the funny and sexy costume stuff gets more attention than the scary costume lists. So please, go pick out a pumpkin and carve a scary face, not a silly clown one. And scare the hell out of those teenage trick-or-treaters when they come to your door! But don’t worry, if you feel the same way as I do, just watch this - and show ‘em to your friends too!

http://www.ListAfterList.com
© Copyright 2007 Ryan Pratt (earspratt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1354334-Halloween-a-Night-of-Fright