*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1355002-A-Broken-Yoke
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Hannah
Rated: E · Other · How-To/Advice · #1355002
This one was written first.
Okay, I want to scream sometimes.  I don’t need guidance on how not become unequally yoked.  I can go to church and learn that.  This is not the problem.  The problem is I’m unequally yoked.  I live it.  Every, single day.  Okay, now what?  Can anyone answer that? 

There are millions of women out there, now, looking for answers on how to handle going home tonight.  Millions are standing in the checkout line behind you, saying to themselves over and over again, “Lord how do I survive another night?”  Some of us are thinking or have thought of ways to end a very legitimate marriage, in Gods’ eyes – NOT the worlds’ eyes.  Some of us have wished for really bad things to happen to our spouses.  Some of us have cried ourselves to sleep many nights because we didn’t understand the devastating decision they made.  Some of us have tied our thoughts up with malice for our spouses…

Have we tried looking in the mirror?

In today’s world it is all about self.  Self-image, Self-promotion, Self-service, Self-what-ever-you-want-to-add…

What are we to do, when we go to work and the topic is, what so-and-sos’ spouse did last night?  Or sex?  Or a co-worker is making advances at you?  Or trying to sabotage you? Or your spouse feels your boss is taking advantage of you?

What about church?  Does it bother you to see husband and wives holding hands, and whispering in each others ears?  Envy?  Jealous?  I was and still am bitten by those bugs.
What about when a child is dedicated or baptized and both parents are present?

How do we deal?

My father was a preacher and my mother a preachers’ wife.  Well, as life went on, my father and mother fell away from the church, eventually they divorced and my father remarried two wonderful women.  Yes, two marriages since my mother and no, Mom has not remarried.  Anyway, my mother gave me her wedding ring a couple of years ago.  To my astonishment, there was a verse…  1 Timothy 2:11

My senor pastor was telling us for weeks that we needed to be in small groups getting to know each other.  Our church is large, 6,000 plus on a weekend, so small groups are good for us.  Small groups for me, have been hard, my husband wants me home when he is home, the child needs tending, and so on are the lives and duties of mothers and wives. So, I went to the pastor, and he said, “Give up your time on Saturday night or Wednesday night service.”

“My daughter attends AWANA and I serve in the Children’s Ministry on Wednesday and Saturdays are when we get our teachings in,” I told him.

He looked at me and said, “You must obey your husband!”

I was floored by the concept of having to obey my beloved.  I was floored to think, even though he has no relationship with God, God still requires me to see him as, HEAD of Household.  WOW!  What a thought. 

“You mean to tell me, Lord,” I said to myself, “He is in charge of this, my service and ministry and faith and my relationship with you?”

The answer still has a profound affect on me. 

God reminded me, the more I took time for Him, the more I had to give my unbelieving husband the respect I give to my pastors and elders at church, and the same respect I give to Christ as Savior.

I won’t lie, it hasn’t been easy.  The road has been long, hard, bumpy and filled with potholes and broken starts.  We have been tested; we have had trials and tribulations, ups and downs, but listen to what MaryMary says about trials and tribulations:

“I just can’t give up now
I’ve come too far from where I started from
Nobody told me the road would be easy
And I don’t believe He’s brought me this far to leave me.”

If you ever have a chance, listen to this song… Can’t Give Up Now
MaryMary – Thankful – CD

PLEASE…Don’t give up, I it’s hard, but God is Faithful and He will see you through... even when the trials just keep coming.

I’ll write more another time.  Keep praying, He does hear you.

1 Timothy 2:11 – “Let a woman learn in silence with all submission.”
© Copyright 2007 Hannah (hreinert at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1355002-A-Broken-Yoke