*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1357600-Acting-From-Them
Rated: E · Poetry · Arts · #1357600
This is a poem written from various quotes by great actors
To be an actor you have to be a child. I’m not sure if acting is something for a grown man to be doing. Being a good actor isn’t easy. Being a man is even harder. I plan to be both when I’m done. Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die tomorrow.

Being an actor is the loneliest thing in the world. You are all alone with you concentration and imagination, and that’s all you have. You only grow when your alone. The talent is in the choices. When an actor plays a scene exactly the way a director orders, it isn’t acting. It’s following instructions. Anyone with the physical qualifications can do that. To my thinking, an actor’s course is set even before he’s out of the cradle. show me a  good loser and I’ll show you a loser. If you don’t have enemies then you don’t have a character. An actor is a guy who, if you ain’t talking to him, he ain’t listening. The only thing an actor owes his public is not to bore them. I don’t like to watch my own movies; I fall asleep in my own movies. One of the things about acting is it allows you to live other people’s lives without paying the prices. An actor is at most a poet and at least an entertainer. To grasp the full significance of life is the actor’s duty. To interpret it is his problem; and to express it, his dedication.
© Copyright 2007 s.nathan (snathan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1357600-Acting-From-Them