*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1357655-About-Christmas
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1357655
About Christmas now and how it has changed
The children listen for the sound of the bells and the hoofs from Santa’s sleigh.
All excited, no ones tired, pleading can we stay up just a little longer please! Please!
Finally they rest there heads they soon fall to sleep. Sleeping soundly! Father Christmas brings in there presents, carefully putting them under the tree watching in case the children stir, its ok they sleep sound.
Morning comes and tiny feet flee down the stairs and the excitement can be heard all over the house.
Oh to be a child again on Christmas Day but we all know that is not possible.
The sad part of Christmas now is that it is not a special day it is just like all the rest all year round, we all buy the children gifts that really they don’t need also why are we buying them? Is it to make life easier?
It has all changed so much it is now all to commercialised.
I do try to keep Christmas special though as I have all my memories and they are so very special.
© Copyright 2007 Itslyndy (itslyndy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1357655-About-Christmas