*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360293-Nothing-burns-like-a-woman-scorned
by Diana
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1360293
Jade is a witch locked in a battle that could claim her life.first chapter
Jade woke up to a pair of red eyes staring at her from the darkness.Only half awake Jade went for the gun on top of her dresser,silently wondering how it had been moved without her knowing.Before she could reach it though Jade was pinned down to the bed.The sudden force brought Jade fully awake and she slammed the person,or thing,into her head board.Quickly,Jade slammed her elbow into the person's ribs,then straddled them and held her gun where she guessed the head to be all in one movement.As Jade started to pull the trigger she was flung off the bed.A sharp pain shot through her as she came into contact with a paralyzing spell.Fighting against it Jade brought her legs up just in time to catch her attacker and throw him away from her.Her attacker caught her foot as he was flying and swung her into the wall.Even thought she could barely see Jade knew she was being kept away from the closet with her supplies in it.And she knew she had to get to it or else she would be killed.

Jade couldn't sit still long,even to think,before her attacker was on her again.Guessing it was a night demon attacking her Jade shouted "Light!" and dived towards her closet.Only to crash head first into a shield spell.Before she could recover Jade was grabbed by her neck and dragged towards a jagged circle drawn on her carpet.When she saw a familar demon eye symbol in the middle Jade cried out for Jaybriel,her partner.The door to her room was immediantly kicked open and Jaybriel pounced on Jade's attacker.Burning him as he made contact.Jade's attacker fought visciously,but one quick movement from Jaybriel snapped his neck.Jaybriel walked around the huge room twice disabling spells and small traps meant to trip,mutilate limbs,and momentarily paralyze Jade.When he finished Jaybriel grunted."Do I have to sleep in the same damn room as you?"asked Jaybriel.Jade was too sore and weary from fighting the demon's spell to argue.She jumped when Jaybriel suddenly shouted obsenities in his demon tounge.Without any hesitation Jaybriel walked over to the circle,even knowing what it could do to him."Get rid of the body before anyone trackes him,"he said.Jade nodded and set about burning the body and cleansing the area where the demon died.
© Copyright 2007 Diana (dianicwitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360293-Nothing-burns-like-a-woman-scorned