*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360320-The-Letters-Of-Montague-Giles-Chapter-1
by IDWBC
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Young Adult · #1360320
The changing life of a young teenage man (explicit language used)


11/1/2008

Dear Preston,

Well, we finally made it!!! After all the packing and selling our house, we have finally made it to Australia. Already i can see several huge differences between this place and England. I know people always say Australia is hot, but you really have no idea until you witness it yourself. Its summer over here at the moment, and said to be something like 37 degrees here!! I kid you not old friend, but as soon as we got out of the airport to find a taxi, my nose bled straight away!!

It really is sweltering here. That's not too bad though, because mum says the house we have here is right near the beach. Unlike the beaches in England, these ones are amazing. The water is crystal clear, the surf swell is awesome, and there are hot girls everywhere. It is just awesome. I am really glad we moved here Preston, I could really get used to this. The only thing missing are my friends. I really could do with some of them right now, it's going to be hard going to a new school and having to make more friends. Still the move had to be done, so mum says. She keeps telling me that we need this move- that we need to start a new life in order to be happy again. It's funny though, because i always thought we were happy. Besides from dad being in jail, I didn't think it was that bad with just mum and me. We get on really well still and it's not like i am a lazy shit who just hangs around home. I do my bit in looking after things, and i don't intend to slack off. But anyway, there is probably a whole lot more to it I think. Maybe we do need the change, but i just don't realize it. Shows how much i know. Mum says we have to go round and look at schools as well today sometime. That should be interesting, I hear that Australian schools use the cane over here. I'm not really phased at that considering i don't get into trouble, but i wonder how disciplined the teenagers here are? Anyway Preston, i think i might go out and check out the beach a bit more before mum takes me to the local school. Hopefully we talk later.

Your Friend, Montague Giles

15/1/2008

Hey there Preston,

Just had school today!!! It was really quite interesting how things work in this place. Totally different to what i anticipated though. Whoever told me they use the cane on students here was a real fuck wit.

11th grade is different too. Not bad, but not good either. Just...different. This morning mum just came with me to the administration office and enrolled me. I was given a timetable and next thing you know, i'm sitting in my first class, which was Maths. The teacher is an absolute asshole, but i don't really blame him. The kids were giving him so much trouble haha. It was quite funny.

The people are pretty much the same as they are in most high schools. You have the popular students, who are the rugby league players and the sports stars, and then there's the hot girls, who are all over the popular guys. You still have your skaters, who sit in their own area and talk about skating and stuff, and then the nerds hang in the library. I'm told i really need to stay out of that place if i'm to survive at school...haha. I met some pretty cool kids though, so i think i might have found some lads to hang out with which is good. Everything seems to be running smoothly so far. Mum already has a job in a local insurance company as a receptionist, and no one has been giving me hell yet. I have had a few kids introduce themselves to me, and they're mostly girls, which is pretty cool. The girls in Australia are as hot as anything, and they really seem to be interested in what England is like. I'm sure they would love you too Preston. You could be a pretty successful ladies man over here haha. Trouble is with me, i am still a nervous wreck in front of girls. Some things never change haha.

It doesn't stop there though. My Physics teacher, Miss Flenderson is absolutely hot!!!! Every guy here says they want a piece of that ass, and would give anything to hit it. Ha ha, as you can see the language here is really quite interesting too. Some of the stuff the boys i sit with talk about is absolute rubbish. I really don't have a clue what they are on about, but they are still pretty cool and im sure I'll get used to the "lingo" as they put it.

Oh yeah, i met this totally awesome chick in my history class too. She is hot and really nice too. I really like her Preston, but i am shit scared of talking to her. You know how i normally get in front of girls? Well this is worse. I just stutter every second word, and everytime i look into her eyes she makes me smile and look down at the ground. It's really quite weird.

Well, thats all from me Preston. I just really wanted to tell you about how life is going on here down under. Hope things are good back home.

Sincerely, Montague Giles


21/1/2008

Preston,

Today I got beaten up. I was just walking to school and all of a sudden a kid came out of nowhere and hit me in the face. I was kind of unconscious for a while, but all i heard was the words "Fucking Gay Pom. Fuck off to your own country!!" come out of the mouth of a grade 12 student at school. Those words circled my head for ages Preston. I couldn't think without those words popping up in my mind. Mum was really concerned when she saw the mark around my eye. She tried icing it but it stung painfully. I don't know if i can go back to school as long as that dickhead is there. I am just too scared. I can't help it if im english, so why hit me? How did i deserve that? There are some people here who are real idiots Preston, like they think they are the best shit out since sliced bread. It's bullshit. Tell you what though my friend, I am going to make sure this never happens again. Next time i see that kid, he is so fucked. It's time for me to stop being shy and timid Preston. I've learnt in this country that people like me; different from others, need to stand up for themselves. Otherwise fuckwits like that kid will stomp all over you. If i ever see that kid again, he is definitely going to get it.

Wish me luck Preston,

From
Montague Giles

To Be Continued...
© Copyright 2007 IDWBC (just_a_writer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360320-The-Letters-Of-Montague-Giles-Chapter-1